Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place (08-05-03)  (Read 8078 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2003, 09:04:31 pm »

I think the Variety Hour will pick up once Onstad finds his groove with it.

I mean, Ray's Place just keeps getting funnier and more of a single "voice" that he's developed with Ray.

I love the part about him denying that he's the father of Tiny's children.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: umlaut
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2003, 09:08:07 pm »

Quote from: "satchel"
Over time we will laugh at the contrast between the legitimate questions and Ray’s glib answers.


I'm wondering why you put this in future tense?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2003, 09:09:35 pm »

Because he's forseeing that eventually the questions will grow more serious and the answers more glib.

Hence, the future.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2003, 09:39:29 pm »

Thanks for sucking what little humor there was left in my belated and ill-phrased joke.  

For those of you just tuning in, the joke was that I *already* laugh at the contrast between the legitimate questions and Ray’s glib answers.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2003, 10:13:38 pm »

Yeah, we didn't really get that from your phrasing.

And by "we," I mean everyone on the board.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2003, 10:53:14 pm »

$MEOW$ anybody?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2003, 11:15:02 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
$MEOW$ anybody?

$MEOW$ is beautiful -- it's the distillation of Ray's self-awareness and self-opinion in one word.

Today's RP was very good anyway, but I especially enjoyed watching Ray ramble on about his personal issues. One moment, he's barely concealing his desire to brag about his stereo system, and the next he's freely telling stories about snails crawling in his mouth -- Ray's essential shamelessness manifesting on both ends of the spectrum. Glorious, hilarious stuff.

That, and the abortion story has ensured that I won't be able to listen to "Brick" for a while without picturing Ray in my head.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2003, 11:51:03 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"
$MEOW$ anybody?

$MEOW$ is beautiful -- it's the distillation of Ray's self-awareness and self-opinion in one word.


Just in case that was an explanation and not just a statement, I was just meaning a Ray style meow in catty terms referring to Jough's last post there...
Anyhow, I must get to sleep before dawn tonight!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
RP 8/5/03
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2003, 01:14:11 pm »

Well, I thought it was such a good RP, that I sent it to my mom (who has enjoyed the odd strip that I've sent her). She ended up laughing so much while reading it that she's decided now she has to get into visiting Achewood more often and going through the archives.
Always nice to spread the 'wood!
(OK given who, I guess that was a mighty unfortunate phrase...)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up