Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Over 1300 served  (Read 2905 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Over 1300 served
« on: August 08, 2003, 04:04:07 pm »

Did anyone else notice Onstad’s message that he had filled over 1300 merchandise orders? I’m glad to hear it.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Over 1300 served
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 04:16:31 pm »

I saw that, too.  I have to say I was surprised.  I guess that answers the question of whether or not he needed the message board to support his strip...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: Over 1300 served
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 07:28:44 pm »

Quote from: "satchel"
Did anyone else notice Onstad?s message that he had filled over 1300 merchandise orders? I?m glad to hear it.


Was that a giant extended middle finger to us, the message board population, I wonder?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Over 1300 served
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 07:37:16 pm »

Why would it be?  He's sold 1300 shirts and books.  Good for him.

And by that, I mean it. No sarcasm.  I hope he sells thousands more.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Over 1300 served
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 10:16:10 pm »

Wait: He doesn't say 1300 merchandise orders, nor merchandise items. He says 1300 customers, which (judging from the lack of Achewood merch I've seen in and around Atlanta, which is a large city and should have a healthy percentage (2-3%) of those orders) may be stretching it just a bit, or just phrased wrong.

Yes, though, props to O on shipping at least 1300 items. Here's hoping the "interview" on Wednesday wasn't for a job for somebody else, considering that those 1300 items (min.) were shipped over the course of what, 10? 11? months.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Over 1300 served
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 10:26:19 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Here's hoping the "interview" on Wednesday wasn't for a job for somebody else[...]

Hey, don't you even speculate that! Damn, you did. Now I have! I'm not going to sleep tonight now...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up