Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steak/On - Aug 10  (Read 2271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Steak/On - Aug 10
« on: August 10, 2004, 10:18:28 am »

I'm feelin' bad for Ray. I don't like to think of the guy as basically retarded.

But that lost in thought face is gold.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Re: Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 02:02:11 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'm feelin' bad for Ray. I don't like to think of the guy as basically retarded.

But that lost in thought face is gold.


Ray's not retarded. He's the buddha.

No, okay, he's retarded.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 02:29:29 pm »

I've been toying with a theory that Ray is actually the feline incarnation of Jimmy James.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 02:35:50 pm »

He threatened the queen?
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 03:33:45 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
He threatened the queen?


I thought maybe someone was threatening Ray, and it was in the Empire's interests to keep him alive. I mean the dude is a billionaire.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 04:20:48 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I've been toying with a theory that Ray is actually the feline incarnation of Jimmy James.

If that makes a feline Patrick Warburton his arch nemesis then I am all about this comparison.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 04:26:52 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
He threatened the queen?

I don't recall anything in the strip but he could've said something in Ray's Place kind of off hand. Or maybe it was something that we never actually saw in the strip but we'll find out about it later.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 05:15:14 pm »

And it unfolds!

I'm not sure who precisely the "threat" is from or is directed at -- for all one knows, Waterbury/Archibald is actually observing Pat for possible threats to the Throne, and Ray is just the most convenient possible face.

I am fond of the "changing Ray's mental diaper" line, and also the entire concept of a musical about a guy who has to gain optimism to eat the largest steak in the world.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Steak/On - Aug 10
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 08:06:54 pm »

I think it possible Ray may have prank-called the Queen all crunk up on somethin', and we just never saw it.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light
Pages: [1]   Go Up