Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20  (Read 10907 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2004, 07:09:23 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Sweet zombie jesus! Two of the things on earth I hate most are ham and coffee. That sounds indescribably terrible. Especially on biscuits.

well, other than being apathetic about ham rather than apostlistic about it:

it's good to finally meet my nemesis.

well met sir,

:tip-hat:

and en garde.

Gentlemen, deploy the pierogi!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2004, 08:13:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Please tell me I don't have to evangelize grits to anyone; I lack the words.


Don't you find it odd that foodies who would rhapsodize about couscous will turn their noses up at grits?


Sort of - but Grits is (are?) from corn and cous - cous is some kind of tiny little wheat noodle/pasta sort of thing, isn't it?  Both good, though.

I know people who don't like rice but do like risotto. That's kind of senseless. (I love both)

Even more odd than that: Polenta. I am pretty sure people who will eat and rhapsodize about polenta would never, ever eat mush.

I happen to LOVE mush. And polenta.

Now them's Grandpa Jones-type Good Eats!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2004, 08:17:13 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You don't say.


:shock: How did you know?  Good Eats is the best cooking show ever.  I love Alton Brown.  Did anyone ever notice the eerie resemblance between Alton Brown and Adam Sessler of TechTVs "Extended Play"?

I think you're preaching to the choir when it comes to Alton. In fact, back on Dumbrella we got into an arguement about whether Old Bay was a crazy regional thing or a quality spice. It's mention in Alton's 1st book crushed all oppostion and ended the argument.

Besides, who would dare question the usefulness of Old Bay? Nobody, that's who.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2004, 08:21:33 pm »

Alton Brown is one of the several things that are slowly pulling me in the direction of being a full-fledged, couscous-appreciating foodie. This is all.

(Also, on the subject of aloe drink: the really hateful thing isn't the chunks. It's the fact that, to quote Leader Kibo's review, it tastes "like bees in convenient liquid form." Tamarind soda tastes better than this stuff!)
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2004, 09:16:10 pm »

I'm not sure what mush is, exactly. I do like to cover the bottom of a small pan with digestive biscuits and pour hot tea all over it, not enough for any tea to be left over, just enough to totally soak the digestive biscuits, and then smush it up with a spoon and eat it. I guess that's sort of mushy.
I love Nestlé Cerelac too, that is just a taste I can't get anywhere else. I don't care if it is baby food, it's addictive.
edit to add: Cerelac. I didn't even know there were all these varieties, I've only had the plain wheat. Dang, I gotta find this other stuff, too, now.
I think it's officially supposed to be a while-weaning food. I know various anti-Nestlé people like NGOs and such hate it, apparently because Nestlé markets it to third world mothers for use as early as four months old. It is some good stuff. Too bad about Nestlé being evil or whatever.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2004, 09:27:24 pm »

I like polenta and would eat a food called mush just so I could talk about it.  It reminds me of how I used to call the random pans of vegetables and divers non-meat proteins that I would cook "slurry" until my stepmother, who grew up on a farm, used the term to refer to "barrels of liquid waste".  That kind of killed that one.  But mush = yes, tentatively.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2004, 06:27:59 am »

Dang people you all wrote too much for me to read.

Could someone please summarise this thread for me, putting the salient points in a nice bulleted list, and then maybe record it to a WAV or MP3 file so I could listen to it while making eggs or something?

Thanks.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2004, 10:57:01 am »

Summary:

Cous-cous is good.
Grits are good.
Mush is good.
Alton Brown rocks.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2004, 01:15:28 pm »

Addendum:  CortJst doesn't like ham.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2004, 02:20:34 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Addendum:  CortJst doesn't like ham.


also:

Poutine is a crazy Canadian food of French Fries, cheese curds, and gravy.  

Slink and Side_show both like mayonaise a lot.

andalucia moved to montreal
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2004, 03:47:19 pm »

Awesome.  Thanks.

Maybe someone could do that with the other threads - just PM me with a summary the thread and the thread's name in the PM title, maybe after it's been not posted to for like, three days.

Thanks gang.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2004, 08:24:54 pm »

\m/    :twisted:   \m/  
He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller

Faster than a lazer bullet
Louder than an atom bomb
Chromium plated boiling metal
Brighter than a thousand suns

\m/    :twisted:   \m/
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up