Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2  (Read 1850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« on: September 02, 2004, 01:11:55 pm »

Okay, which one of you loons out there is naming your offspring after Achewood characters? People considering video game tattoos, I'm looking in your direction.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 01:41:17 pm »

Yeah, considering that every other one of us seems to be expecting, I wondered if it was one of ours too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:53:44 pm »

I don't think I'd name my sprog after any Achewood characters, especially since there have only been two female characters in the entire history of the strip, Tina and Molly.  I do, however, have a cat that would totally be named "Ray" if I had been reading Achewood when I got him.  Instead, he was named Radical Edward.  Raise your hand if you know where that's from.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 03:12:02 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Raise your hand if you know where that's from.


Just take a look at the avatar...

Good name for a cat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 03:41:09 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I don't think I'd name my sprog after any Achewood characters, especially since there have only been two female characters in the entire history of the strip, Tina and Molly.  I do, however, have a cat that would totally be named "Ray" if I had been reading Achewood when I got him.  Instead, he was named Radical Edward.  Raise your hand if you know where that's from.

Unless you count Penny and Shannon who never actually appeared. Ultra Peanut doesn't count and I don't think Mr. Bear's fan was named.

And waitaminute. He was named Radical Edward?

When we get cats (our current appt is too small) my SO wants to name them Ryo-ohki and Bettie Page assuming both are female.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 07:24:32 pm »

It got a little messy, but the anime discussion has been split. Anyway.

I do not think there is anything intrinsically wrong with naming a kid Ray or Molly, since they're not going to be names that instantly identify that you named your kid after a fictional character (unless they name the kid Raymond Smuckles Whoever). I do not think I could do it, but that's because I have set an ironclad rule for myself that I will not name any future children after fictional characters unless it is basically a coincidence (i.e. it is a good name aside from a fictional character).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 08:37:49 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
It got a little messy, but the anime discussion has been split. Anyway.

I do not think there is anything intrinsically wrong with naming a kid Ray or Molly, since they're not going to be names that instantly identify that you named your kid after a fictional character (unless they name the kid Raymond Smuckles Whoever). I do not think I could do it, but that's because I have set an ironclad rule for myself that I will not name any future children after fictional characters unless it is basically a coincidence (i.e. it is a good name aside from a fictional character).

Indeed. Going through life as Ray wouldn't be painful other than the occasional Do-Ray-Egon joke. So it's not like being named Geordi or something.
Logged

SolGrundy

  • Guest
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 03:51:14 am »

Don't rag on your mom.  That is what a piece of shit does.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 05:05:51 am »

Quote from: "SolGrundy"
Don't rag on your mom.  That is what a piece of shit does.


Amen brother!  Preach it RAY!

Welcome Sol, come see us more often.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Drinking out of your own leg - Ray's Place Sep 2
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 06:07:11 am »

I confess that I broke the "don't rag on your mom" rule tonight, but that had everything to do with the fact that my mother confessed to driving around her hometown looking in people's windows for Christmas decorations, on top of similarly bizarre and culturally-insensitive voyeurism. I didn't think there was an adequate reaction beyond ".. what the hell?"
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up