Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004  (Read 3562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 07:11:35 pm »

I'm a fan of goat curry with some bismati rice and some naan, hot as the dickens.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 07:32:35 pm »

You got a good recipe for naan? I've got one that's pretty easy if you want it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 07:46:24 pm »

In principle that sounds good but in practice the SO and I could not possibly cook less. Plus our new place has one of those tiny micro stoves that's like the size of a toaster oven but with burners on top.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 07:56:09 pm »

That stinks. If you have an oven, though, and it gets really hot you can do this.

My favorite part of the recipe we use from this really old Indian Cookbooks is step one:

"turn your oven on as hot as it will go. Then place the heaviest pan you own in the oven".

Then it's about mixing, rising, punching down, shaping and slapping round slabs of dough on that really hot pan for like a total of 8 minutes.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 08:49:56 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You got a good recipe for naan? I've got one that's pretty easy if you want it.


Please do share the recipe.  I have a big cast-iron skillet and an oven that can get pretty hot.

I also just bought the Achewood cookbook.  I hope it got shipped before all this vacation hossplay started up.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 09:34:43 pm »

To avoid the derision and scorn of the mods, I'll post it in the appropriate forum later today. Unless I forget because I'm going camping in a few hours. PM me if I *****##### it up, 'K?

Edit: Naan Recipe here
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 09:43:45 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
To avoid the derision and scorn of the mods, I'll post it in the appropriate forum later today. Unless I forget because I'm going camping in a few hours. PM me if I *****##### it up, 'K?

You're a good man, AD. I didn't/don't have any plans to split this, because it's not like there's anything else happening in the thread (or the blogs), but taking the recipe elsewhere would be appreciated.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs, Week of Thirteenth September 2004
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2004, 04:22:02 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
if I *****##### it up, 'K?


PWNT!111
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up