Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Me  (Read 3203 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Help Me
« on: September 27, 2004, 06:04:22 pm »

Can anyone tell me why my computer won't allow me to get to this site [and a select few others]?  I can't think of an solution to this problem.  Even reloading Windows hasn't helped.  Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions I can try.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 07:55:19 pm »

Sorry but I can't provide much actually help, Paul.  However, allow me to say how good it is to see you back around these parts.  

Jough, you didn't block Paul did you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Help Me
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 09:17:55 pm »

What kind of errors are you getting? It could be a problem with any number of things, but your ISP comes to mind. (How are you posting this -- from a public terminal?)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Me
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:13:05 pm »

As much as I'd like to take credit, no, I didn't block Paul (obviously) since he can post from any machine other than his own computer.

I don't know if we're on some black list with his ISP (although the site's IP address changed over the summer, and he had problems before that) or his computer is messed up.

He said that wiping the OS and re-installing didn't fix it, so I'm kinda stumped.  I'd check with my ISP if I were him.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Help Me
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 04:25:00 am »

The only thing I can think of, and btw, hey Paul! I keep thinking about emailing you but never get round to it cause I'm a lazy biatch. Sorry!
But the only thing I can think of is that if you have a router it might have the port blocked. Either that or your service provider is blocking plagiarist.com for some reason. Could try taking your machine to someone else's place and seeing if it loads the page on their connection.

It certainly sounds like it has to be external to your machine, assuming you did reformat the install drive when you reinstalled windows (to ensure any firewall software or the dns file in system32/drivers/etc aren't blockng or rerouting the ip and not being deleted when you reinstalled).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 02:06:52 pm »

i'm assuming that paul is not going to be checking this thread until we succeed at getting him access to this site again.

we're in process of "gathering information" and performing "preliminary" troubleshooting at the moment.

jough, i may be PM'ing you in the future in regards to specific site-admin related issues.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 10:01:35 pm »

ummmm

check your host file?

I got nothing.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 01:35:45 pm »

address resolves to IP.
no virus, no spyware.

we are now at stage 2.

in case anyone is playing along at home.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Me
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 04:37:32 pm »

What admin site-related issues?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 06:57:03 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
What admin site-related issues?


none, since it still is not the future enough.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 03:55:11 pm »

From Paul via the email at about this morning, 10-01-04:

"Tell the folks on the board I miss them. I've had some temporary access at work, but I don't have enough time to post any, but I have read some of the messages this week. Tell them I want to trade a mixdisc. I'm working on a mix for them. "

I think i might know what the problem is at this point, but it's a matter of 1) making sure i'm right and not pointed in the wrong direction, 2) getting firm data to support the situation so as to make it presentable to parties that in general have no desire to deal with it.

I'd currently give a 85% chance of Paul by early next week, with a slight chance of small hail.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 06:04:00 pm »

At this point i need everyone to join hands and have a moment  to gather the positive eneregy needed to move corp providers to readjust their routes.

and may god have mercy on my soul.  (not cuz of this, just in general).
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Help Me
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 03:41:15 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "arkabee"
I'd currently give a 85% chance of Paul by early next week, with a slight chance of small hail.

If you're going to keep posting in TV-weatherman-lingo we need to rechristen you with an appropriate name.  Something along the lines of Sepulvada Hail or Jaxom Tremor.  Y'know, I always found some odd similairity between how weatherdud names and porn names are derived, all trying to be evocative of the field their doing their working in.

It's a fandango cool that you are working for a Paul return here.


I grew up in the Nashville TV market. I always thought they should have a weatherman there named "Faron Warmer".  Hee Haw!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up