Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th  (Read 8311 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2004, 03:19:10 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "wombat"
But now I'm wondering why on earth Beef thinks that science experiments with rats would involve chasing them off a table with hammers.


Actually, I know a chick who works in a lab with mice and it's really like that.  It's all about fuck*ng with them.


Yeah, but after you fuck with them, you have to know what happened to them.  Like you have to cut them up and stuff. If they all jump off the table and run away, how do you know the results?  There is a real problem with the design of the experiment.  Like everything else in Beef's dream life I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2004, 04:28:07 pm »

I suppose you're okay with his old teachers getting together to discuss his eventual diabetes then?

Does that make more sense to you?

This strip is right in line with Beef getting hell of anxiety over that impossible tetris piece.

Also, this is a cat who plays Tetris in his HEAD while DRIVING.

I really don't see this experiment idea as being out of character.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2004, 04:52:32 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "wombat"
But now I'm wondering why on earth Beef thinks that science experiments with rats would involve chasing them off a table with hammers.


Actually, I know a chick who works in a lab with mice and it's really like that.  It's all about fuck*ng with them.


Yeah, but after you fuck with them, you have to know what happened to them.  Like you have to cut them up and stuff. If they all jump off the table and run away, how do you know the results?  There is a real problem with the design of the experiment.  Like everything else in Beef's dream life I guess.


What if you just want to find out how long it takes them to jump off the table?  Or if they'll band together and swarm all over you in a horrible nibbling death mass?  Huh?  What about that?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2004, 05:31:26 pm »

Maybe the floor is covered with owls and tabby cats.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2004, 07:14:50 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"


I was thinking about Beef's ideation of the impossible tetris shapes during this as well;


Quote from: "Jough"

Also, this is a cat who plays Tetris in his HEAD while DRIVING.


Synergy, people. It's Groovy.

Also, I think someone needs to find a good use for the phrase 'nibbling death mass'. It's Gold.

Nibbling Death Mass: 7th Level. A number of rodents 2 d 20 x level of caster are summoned to attack. The horde has agility 19; Save against the target's agility; each round the saving throw is made the mass does 1/10 point of damage per rodent. Missed saving throw makes 1/2 times # rodents damage. The target attacks as normal; for each attack the number of rodents is reduced by the points of damage against the horde. The attack continues until either the target or the horde is out of HP. Ranged weapons can be used by other than the target but will kill only 1d3 of rodents per successful attack and have a 1/20  chance of hitting the targeted player.

Rangers or Clerics can attempt to turn the Nibbling Death Mass against the summoner one time at the beginning of the attack in lieu of attacking with weapons; Rangers use animal empathy skill and clerics use divine intervention.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up