Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back in the Saddle.  (Read 2332 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Back in the Saddle.
« on: August 10, 2003, 02:36:02 am »

I'm back from the beach.  It was lovely, thanks.  One of the joys of living less than 150 miles from the coast is that I don't feel remorseful if I go to the beach and don't set foot on the sand.  I didn't swim, I didn't walk along the water's edge hand in hand with my loved one, and I didn't even put on a bathing suit.  I just hung out with my in-laws.  It was wonderful.  

I hate the beach.  I love my in-laws.  It seems so wrong, somehow.  

Also, I saw an aquarium.  They had a tank full of alligators, small ones, about 4 feet long.  I must have watched them for half an hour; they're FRIKKIN AWESOME. I love creepy animals...the way the alligators just sit there and stare at you, grinning.  I love the moray eels, too, but they were all sleeping, so I didn't get to be creeped out by their beady little weasel eyes.  :(  

I looked over the posts that accumulated while I was gone, and it looks like y'all had an exciting Friday night...somewhere else.  That was the lamest kegger I've ever seen.  Come on, people!  Strippers!  

So that was my day.  I'm going to bed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 03:57:32 am »

Quote
I didn't walk along the water's edge hand in hand with my loved one, and I didn't even put on a bathing suit.


So there will be no pictures of you wearing a Good with Computers shirt and a thong?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 04:06:44 am »

Which reminds me: WHY OH WHY has Onstad not made achewood thongs yet?

They could have the "Ray" model, etc.

Anyway, welcome back, JLD.  I guess the place is pretty much just as you left it: LAME.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 04:39:35 am »

I find the image of a sleeping moray eel inexplicably darling. Probably because they're all drawn in Philippe-esque cute cartooniness, but no matter.

Look, give us more of a heads-up on the kegger next time, and there will be strippers. Many strippers. Yes.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Back in the Saddle.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 04:52:09 am »

Welcome back!
Yea, loads happened in your absence! I guess you now know quite why you are Den Mother...
I ended up at the beach last night (this evening to you folks) just for an evening getting the hell out of the house since I hate weekends thing.
I don't really like the beach; it's all salty and sandy and there were people there. But it was nice to get some of that sunlight stuff and fresh air to smoke in.
Anyway, back to the droll...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up