Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm gettin' DSL.  (Read 2355 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm gettin' DSL.
« on: November 09, 2004, 02:55:22 pm »

WOOT!  Bellsouth called up yesterday and asked if we wanted it.  Mrs. West was dubious because we live out in the boonies and we've never been able to get it before.  But they confirmed that our number was served.  

No more dialup for me!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
I'm gettin' DSL.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 03:49:43 pm »

Hurray, welcome out of the information super-gutter!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm gettin' DSL.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 07:19:11 pm »

Welcome to 1997 August!

Pretty soon you'll be able to buy movies on a little disc like CDs - but for MOVIES!  They call them DVDs.  They are awesome.

I don't want to spoil anything else for you.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm gettin' DSL.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 07:24:14 pm »

Yeah, yeah.  It's been a trade off we consciously made.  I knew I'd have to wait longer for my internet pron to load, but the peace, quiet and beautiful scenery has made up for it.  And now my long dark night is over.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
I'm gettin' DSL.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 07:48:45 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Damn, dude, first you go and upgrade your PC situation and now you're going for the big pipe.  You're just all screwing up my Kentucky archetypes.  Go build a still or deworm a cow or something as penance.


i'm about  "-- > < --" that close to DOWNGRADING to a cyrix (k6-2/pentium-mmx era) Compaq.  i dialup at home, but am about to cancel my phone line, necessitating my research into TCP/IP over Smoke Signals.

and given that Kentucky is 9 places above in terms of "state health", may i offer you an alternative hickville archetype:

"Tennessee: Hey! We have Borboun Too! Most of the hosss, though, We had to Eat.  Ya'll want some bbq? Mmmmmm, good eatin'!  We have grass too, it just ain't blue is all."
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1]   Go Up