Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04  (Read 5722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 04:41:19 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Hey look, I killed a thread!


Good to have you back, man!
:)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 07:47:17 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Didn't we actually meet Chewbacca's family in the Wookie Christmas Special?



Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 08:38:04 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This does rather redeem things, yes -- although I believe wholeheartedly that the alt text is by far the best part of this, just because I can totally picture an angry Wookiee* mother banging on the door. And, of course, I can picture Chewbacca's six-hundred-dollar prom dress.

* yeah, I'm a loser

Didn't we actually meet Chewbacca's family in the Wookie Christmas Special?




It ain't going for it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 10:17:16 pm »

Actually, I sort've agree with Ray's advice.... only in that if one is suffering that much, it's perhaps a sign something is wrong.

Of course, knowing beef's character, this isn't surprising that he'd react this way even if things might turn out okay going by past episodes.. just in general, the advice wasn't that bad.

I mean, I'm a masochist.  I'd draw the line at throwing up though.. but I have an insane fear of it, so perhaps that's why.  I'd take a pain in my heart, digging nails into my skull and beating myself up while throwing things against walls, but no, not throwing up!  that would be the end... heh.

Oh and ditto on the funny quotage of this strip!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 10:41:09 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
Actually, I sort've agree with Ray's advice.... only in that if one is suffering that much, it's perhaps a sign something is wrong.

I'd draw the line at throwing up though..


I kind of know what you mean. I wouldn't say I have an irrational fear of throwing up, but it's just so unpleasant it's best avoided.
I just feel with the advice that, well, my view was just that if I were in Beef's place, I would want to sort myself out, as I think it's Beef that is the main problem. Molly's tried to communicate with him, but he just can't do it.

And I guess it's basically because I screwed up my first chance with a girl by being like Beef, and so if I could go back my advice would be to deal with it and not fuck it all up.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 12:26:15 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This does rather redeem things, yes -- although I believe wholeheartedly that the alt text is by far the best part of this, just because I can totally picture an angry Wookiee* mother banging on the door. And, of course, I can picture Chewbacca's six-hundred-dollar prom dress.

* yeah, I'm a loser

Didn't we actually meet Chewbacca's family in the Wookie Christmas Special?




It ain't going for it.


That's what I get for messing with the powers of Stomp Tokyo.

Here's a link with pictures a plenty:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/sings/swholiday/holidaygallery.html
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 08:06:05 am »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"


http://www.stomptokyo.com/sings/swholiday/holidaygallery.html


Oh my...

I'm glad I missed out on this. They managed to do so many strange things to the Star Wars franchise, and I'm just glad I didn't come across this when I was younger in the hope it would be good!

Lumpy... Superb.

Plus, now we know why Ford refuses to go back and be involved with anything Star Wars now - because he did some really degrading work based on the franchise in the 80's!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 05:54:52 pm »

The cartoon segment wasn't bad.  It was kind of Heavy Metal-y (Some of the aliens looked like they popped out of Yellow Submarine.) and you got the first appearance of Boba Fett.

But the rest....well Jefferson Starship man, Jefferson Starship.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up