Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media  (Read 1986 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« on: December 01, 2004, 02:05:07 pm »

Just ended up at this page before.
Well, it's all explained at the top - essentially they were letting people on the internet post business closure announcements, and there was a way to get round it being reviewed before being shown.

The finest has to be Cecil's Cockring Emporium.
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~smheath/news14.html

While I'm here, I'll throw this link at you too.
Grover is Bitter - a look into the life and downfall of one Grovski 'Grover' Carbunkle, and how his life turned out post Sesame Street.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 03:52:53 pm »

Okay, I'll admit that there were a few I didn't get why they were funny.

I guess I'm not "l33t" enough.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:55:47 pm »

I got most of them. I kept waiting for Dewey, Cheetum, & Howe.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 05:23:24 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Okay, I'll admit that there were a few I didn't get why they were funny.

I guess I'm not "l33t" enough.


Well yea. If I were to link to any of them, like I say it would be Cecil's. The rest of them... A bit lame really.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 07:38:17 pm »

Are some of these even jokes?

I love how it walks the line between "blatantly stupid obvious" and "'humor' so 'subtle' I cannot tell if this is an actual business or not."
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 08:08:13 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Are some of these even jokes?

I love how it walks the line between "blatantly stupid obvious" and "'humor' so 'subtle' I cannot tell if this is an actual business or not."


Well, see, what amused me most was just the fact that they allowed this to be possible. I mean, if I worked for a network, the first thing I'd make sure is that not just anyone can put anything they want on the screen. Seems to make sense to me! It was the pure stupidity that filled me with glee.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 05:12:48 am »

I think it's the angle, but this lady has such a weird and unintentionally funny expresion/face.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Illigitimate lovechild of internet and media
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:01:23 pm »

Quote from: "Mr Trout"
I think it's the angle, but this lady has such a weird and unintentionally funny expresion/face.


She's just confused that the precision cast doesn't seem very precise. More like giraffeer Price cast.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up