Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H.O.P.E.  (Read 1972 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
H.O.P.E.
« on: November 16, 2004, 05:19:03 pm »

Quote from: "Dancing About Architecture"
Given that it's been blown wide open that Ashlee Simpson lip-synchs, a New York group is offering her fans the chance to try what they feel is "real" music.

HOPE, or Horrified Observers of Pedestrian Entertainment, is giving people who bought Simpson's album the chance to turn it in for what it calls "one of a higher entertainment quality."

Fans who bring the disc to New York's Knitting Factory can trade it in for one by Elvis Costello , The Ramones, X, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant , Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, The Grateful Dead, Joni Mitchell or Brian Wilson.

The 19-year-old singer was busted for a "Saturday Night Live" lip-synch gone awry, with her manager-father saying that his daughter used the extra help because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse. Joe Simpson added that she's never used the extra help before.

If you're not in New York, you can still get in on the deal by checking out www.HopeInAmerica.com
Credit: Associated Press


I say go with the Elvis Costello C.D..

I wonder if I can trade in my sister’s entire record collection with these guys.

I can't decide if this is a really good idea or the kind of stunt Truth would use to piss people off.

Link.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 06:52:28 pm »

Eew, I think I'd still rather listen to this lipsynching character than the Grateful Dead.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 06:56:43 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Eew, I think I'd still rather listen to this lipsynching character than the Grateful Dead.
Ahem.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 08:18:55 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Eew, I think I'd still rather listen to this lipsynching character than the Grateful Dead.

I'd rather listen to Phish. No, wait, I mean silence.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 08:47:22 pm »

Harrumph.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 03:05:15 pm »

What August and Asherdan said.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 08:35:51 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Eew, I think I'd still rather listen to this lipsynching character than the Grateful Dead.


Come on, American Beauty is great.

But Jimmy Page and Robert Plant?  What's wrong with Led Zeppelin?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 04:03:32 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Eew, I think I'd still rather listen to this lipsynching character than the Grateful Dead.


Come on, American Beauty is great.

And Shakedown Street is nothing if not a giant party. I understand your point, andalucia, but you really can't get behind Jessica Simpson to make it. Vanessa Carlton, maybe.

Quote from: "miles"
But Jimmy Page and Robert Plant?  What's wrong with Led Zeppelin?

I wondered that myself. Why would there be any reason not to offer the people Led Zeppelin II?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
H.O.P.E.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 06:50:26 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "miles"
But Jimmy Page and Robert Plant?  What's wrong with Led Zeppelin?

I wondered that myself. Why would there be any reason not to offer the people Led Zeppelin II?


I saw Page and Pant when they toured a few years ago, and althought it was very cool, I can't imagine actually buying an album.  Have they written any new material?  If so, I can't imagine it would be any good (have either of them done anything good since the Zep sunk?).  And that one CD they put out a few years ago kinda sucks.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up