It is apparent from all the technical threads on this forum I have skimmed that, as a group, we are really smart with the clicky-clicky, esp. when web-based whatever is involved. OK. I suffered with this for a long time and tried lots of things before swallowing my pride and asking for the online help.
So I have a really obnoxious problem with web browsing that seems to have pretty much fucked my whole computer. Something on my computer is telling the Internets that I have a really old browser. (I use Mozilla Firebird 0.7 because I have got it set up just like I like it, you see, plus I heard that Firefox Emerged was still pretty shaky.) Anyway, no matter what browser I use - this one, IE 6.0, a brand-new copy of Netscape 7.something that I just installed - I get error messages from websites saying my browser is old and cannot be used, etc. Like:
netLibrary is now optimized for IE 5.5+, Netscape 6.2+, and Other Gecko from Mozilla 1.1. Please update your browser with the latest version to take full advantage of the many new features now available from netLibrary.
So, yeah, basically the problem is I have updated my browser and websites (like Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail, which is a Problem) aren't being told. Any advice?