Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread  (Read 11040 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skillator

  • Guest
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2005, 09:01:46 pm »

I am also in radio. Of course the less glamorous part. I only started here in the fall so I haven't really had the opportunity to meet the big glamorous stars. All I've got was local celebs so far. I'll let you know if I meet anyone cool. But I don't think it'll add up to the huge stack above.
Only time will tell.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2005, 09:23:30 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
That's cool. But no one ever meets football players?


I met Claudie Minor, who was a lineman for the Broncos (early 80's, I think).  I am a pretty large guy, but Claudie made me feel small.  He was FREAKIN' HUGE.

A woman on my floor here at work is a Redskins cheerleader.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2005, 09:39:50 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I met Claudie Minor, who was a lineman for the Broncos (early 80's, I think).  I am a pretty large guy, but Claudie made me feel small.  He was FREAKIN' HUGE.


He played in the Super Bowl against Dallas in '77. That's pretty cool, I think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2005, 10:12:04 pm »

If we're allowing a few degrees of separation here, my father tutored several members of the UNL football team in history for a while. I can't remember names, but some of them are probably either in the NFL or rueful NFL washouts.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2005, 10:15:44 pm »

UNL = ? University of North Louisiana? I got nothing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2005, 10:30:44 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
UNL = ? University of North Louisiana? I got nothing.

University of Nebraska, Lincoln. Used to be known for an excellent college football team until the Time of the Plagues. (Read: we've had a couple of off-years.)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2005, 02:50:55 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I spent a day golfing with Vince Evans.


* Weeps. Weeps profusely. *

Vince Evans plays a significant part in my enjoyment of football - at least as much as James Jett. The whole idea of Vince playing football at what - 40? is part of what football is all about to me. This is especially because of the whole Chargers/Raiders thing for me. I am torn, sir. I really don't know how to feel about this. The easy way out is for me to just say . . . FUCK YOU!


But not really. Still, you lucky bastard. Did you ever play any golf with Stan Humphries?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up