Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Radio - The Tenmen  (Read 2448 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Achewood Radio - The Tenmen
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:31:40 pm »

So I've downloaded the Tenmen MP3s from the Achewood Radio portion of the site and have gotten them promptly stuck in my head.

I sent them to a non-Achewoodian friend of mine who's real into electronic music, techno, whatever the hell they're calling it these days, and he said, "Man, this is awesome. I'm gonna have to send this to my friends."

I don't know if the Tenmen is Onstad playing with his computer, or someone he knows doing it, or what, but good show. I can't wait for Lucas and his friends to speculate on what awesome group is putting this together, doing research and finding out it's three cartoon cats.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Achewood Radio - The Tenmen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:52:17 pm »

I missed this on the first go-round, but I have to say that I'd like to hear some more Tenmen as well.  Before posting this, I went back to Radio Achewood and noticed that there is a new Tenmen track called "80" out there.  I'm not sure how long that's been there, but I didn't notice it last time I was there.  

It's not bad either.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Achewood Radio - The Tenmen
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:19:49 pm »

Seriously?  To me either song sounds like it should be looping behind the main menu of a DVD or something - it drives, but it doesn't go anywhere.

I've listened to both songs a couple of times and I have a hard time thinking of any part that could get stuck in my head.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Achewood Radio - The Tenmen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:46:03 pm »

Stuck in your head like an icepick, or like a caramel?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Achewood Radio - The Tenmen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:11:30 am »

Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I've listened to both songs a couple of times and I have a hard time thinking of any part that could get stuck in my head.


There isn't really a "part" that gets stuck in my head, say, the same way the guitar riff from "Jack and Diane" gets stuck in my head from time to time. It's just the overall feel of it. "Sidewalk Song" sounds a little apocolyptic to me, while "80" feels... well, I dunno how "80" feels to me. The best I can describe it is "as a quiet alley in a busy, noisy city." It makes sense to me, but I don't know why.

Both make me think of the strips that take place in the Underground, but this may have been preconditioned since that's where we see The Tenmen in the strip. But when I picture the Underground through the lens of a Tenmen soundtrack, it makes the Underground seem a bit more sinister than we've come to know it.

Either that, or I REALLY need to lay off the Jack Daniels before I come on the board.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up