Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This guy is just insane...  (Read 2931 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
This guy is just insane...
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:25:38 pm »

Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:26:44 pm »

Quote from: "the article"
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"


Yes.  I definitely dig this guy.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:48:54 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "the article"
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"


Yes.  I definitely dig this guy.


You can even eat the dishes...

/The Candyman Can...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:15:33 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "the article"
"I tell them I want to make food float, I want to make it disappear, I want to make it reappear, I want to make the utensils edible, I want to make the plates, the table, the chairs edible," Mr. Cantu said, "I ask them, what do I need to do that?"

Yes.  I definitely dig this guy.

He's taking the concept of the bread bowl in scary new directions.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 08:53:26 am »

I guess I'm kind of snob but I like food to actually <be> food...I'm not interested in eating substances prepared by a printer and I don't really wonder what a painting tastes like.

I do like the ideas about using a laser to cook the inside of the tuna, and the inside out bread is certainly interesting from an artistic and science standpoint (how do you trap the moisture inside the bread when the crust is inside?) but I don't think I want to eat where the theatrics of the dining experience are the most important part - I still want high-quality food if I'm paying a lot for it.

I do appreciate innovation, though. He's got that in spades.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 08:56:31 am »

You could make a perfect steak this way - usually you have to guess at whether the inside is warm and pink - by cooking the inside first you'll know that the outside is still pink and juicy.

Genius!

V-Adore

  • Guest
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 01:04:21 pm »

I'm not exactly a leading gastronome, but I'm really fond of the idea of cooking things with lasers. The paper thing is a little weird, but I can respect it in a Willy Wonka sort of way. Sometimes scientific progress goes "boink!"
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This guy is just insane...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 01:09:58 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Sometimes scientific progress goes "boink!"


Truer words were never spoken.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up