Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earliest Monday Strip EVER (08-18-03 posted on 08-16-03)  (Read 7354 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 07:21:32 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "jough"
Surely there would be no tax on under##### even in California.


Yes, in California they do indeed tax the shorts right off of us.

::cringes::

That's a prime reason, but certainly not the only reason, why we got this little recall ruckus going on about now...


I live in Canada where I am taxed 14% on everything including food and books.  Also, gas is currently 74 cents a litre - that's LITRE - not gallon.  Then again I have free health care.

Of course he bought black licorice chews - it suits his new look and his mood.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 07:43:18 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
On a re-read I noticed the cat next to Beef at the restaurant has a comb-over!  How the hell would a cat ever require a comb-over?  But, it totally fits the business guy next seat over at the bar thing, what with flashing knives and flying food items.  Little touches like that are a freaking joy.

Somehow it's exactly the sort of guy you'd expect to see sitting next to Beef for a morning teppanyaki/Asahi bender -- the little salaryman, impeccably calm, probably because he's seen this floorshow a hundred times.

Guilty confession: when I first looked at the panel with the food-flinging, I assumed that Beef had flicked something on his plate at the salaryman next to him. It took me a few looks to realize that Beef hadn't become a teppanyaki bully after all.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2003, 03:53:28 am »

What I want to know is, where did all beef's hair come from?

I always thought he shaved it bald to look cool, all Michael-Jordan or Moby or Yul-Brynner stylee.  But then apparently he can just grow it out at will.  Showbiz had that bad-ass pony-tail, but beef didn't have anything till he had the morrissey-gone-awry look.

[EDIT:ps locking threads is dumb.]
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2003, 03:07:29 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

I live in Canada where I am taxed 14% on everything including food and books.  Also, gas is currently 74 cents a litre - that's LITRE - not gallon.  Then again I have free health care.


UK - Taxed 17.5%... bleah!
And Gas is currently about 79p a litre, like, twice what you Canadians pay. I just want to get out of here 'cause the entire country is too damn expensive!

Still, good strip, just to be vaguely OT.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2003, 04:29:43 pm »

No Hunter Thompson (via Ralph Steadman, natch)?

Your new avatar is all the scarier, Slink.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2003, 04:40:44 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
No Hunter Thompson (via Ralph Steadman, natch)?

Your new avatar is all the scarier, Slink.


Well, we had to move our servers round so the link to the Steadman pic had gone, and I figured I'd give this one a whirl. It's Ed and Ein from Cowboy Bebop in the style of Steadman.
Thought the scary could only make it memorable at least!
It was that or an even scarier picture of Kermit, so be glad I went with this one!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2003, 05:20:20 pm »

I missed Hunter too, Slink.  I'm a big fan of his, plus he's a local boy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2003, 05:41:12 pm »

::gives thumbs-up to slink's new avatar, Ralph Steadman, Cowboy Bebop in general::
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Earliest Monday Strip EVER (8/18 posted on 8/16)
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 06:41:10 pm »

Excellent!
Always thought Achewood and Hunter had some kinda common bridging. Probably brought about by Beef and Ray's road trip, though it was less drug addled.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up