Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt  (Read 2556 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« on: August 23, 2003, 02:04:35 am »

I checked the listings to see if it was on in my area.  Not even close.  Arizona or Tennessee are the closest stations carrying it and they are both about 1000 miles away.  Not that I would listen to it anyway as I don't really listen to the radio and only own one that will only get the classic 80's (shudder) station to wake me up in the morning.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 07:47:39 pm »

Yeah, it made me regret my unfortunate canadianitude-- would have liked to hear him.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 02:05:32 pm »

Well, looks like Our Boy James is headed back to radio.  Good for him.  I hope he ends up on NPR in Garrison Keillor's time slot or something.  That would be rad.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 09:56:02 pm »

But no Bleat? That would just be sad. A bleat by any other name would be less good somehow.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 10:02:48 pm »

I agree - and there is NO guarantee that he would be carried in every market in a convenient time slot on a station you could get.....so if the old boy stops posting to the web, he will be lost forever to many of us, particularly those of us huddled on rocks thousands of miles west of California. (For some reason there is a visceral difference to me between listening to the radio and listening to a webbed broadcast...am I crazy??) hopefully he keeps it up and ONLY changes the name.

On the other hand, I know he went through a little financial scare there a few months back and certainly seizing opportunities for even more nationwide exposure can't be bad. I guess. Hope he doesn't change much.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lileks on National Radio via Hugh Hewitt
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 10:20:39 pm »

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure he said the Bleat would stay but it would be renamed to something more Diner-y
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up