Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HST --> Ray Smuckles  (Read 1362 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
HST --> Ray Smuckles
« on: February 25, 2005, 09:32:06 pm »

I finally got a chance to sit down and read the last column Hunter S. Thompson wrote for the ESPN site, and (although I tried to maintain a respectful air befitting last words from a great, if severely messed-up, man) all I could think while I was reading it was, "damn, this sounds like something Ray would come up with."  People, tell me, am I wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213

-jennifer
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
HST --> Ray Smuckles
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:36:57 pm »

I read that shortly after it was posted.  I didn't think it sounded like Ray so much as it sounded like the greatest sport ever invented.  Reading that made me wish I owned a bunch of land somewhere in Arkansas and a backhoe.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: HST --> Ray Smuckles
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 10:31:46 pm »

Quote from: "beanmom"
I finally got a chance to sit down and read the last column Hunter S. Thompson wrote for the ESPN site, and (although I tried to maintain a respectful air befitting last words from a great, if severely messed-up, man) all I could think while I was reading it was, "damn, this sounds like something Ray would come up with."  People, tell me, am I wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213

-jennifer


Ray's place is no more.
So is HST.
Coincidence?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up