Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked  (Read 6147 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 05:41:41 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
the rest of them, those deaths are like "oh ya they got amnesia".  no xmen related deaths count, i mean, i swear to god, Days of Our Lives stole the Marlena being possessed by Satan story line from Marvel.  I mean, Psylocke, was that before or after she went through the portal which changed her from a mild mannered prissy englishwoman into a fuck*ng asian hottie ninja with psychic claws? i mean, really, w.t.f.?

When I stopped reading the old Psylocke had reappeared and they both claimed to be the real one. Of course everybody was rooting for the Asian one because she's hotter.

I want to think Sunspot died and stayed dead. But that's a pretty big stretch as far as X-manness goes.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 05:55:39 pm »

The only thing that'll kill a superhero is loss of popularity.



Sometimes even that won't do it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Skillator

  • Guest
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 05:59:48 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
[ Psylocke, was that before or after she went through the portal which changed her from a mild mannered prissy englishwoman into a fuck*ng asian hottie ninja with psychic claws? i mean, really, w.t.f.?


She actually died "again" about a year and a half ago. She had to stay dead for a while but she's back as of last month.

For a non-superhero but seriously cool comic, I recommend 100 bullets. A guy gives you a briefcase of 100 untraceable bullets that once found all law enforcement will cease searching to right one wrong in your life... The guy that killed your daddy, the husband that abused your daughter to the point of her leaving, becoming a prostitute and getting murdered etc.
It's a neat concept... I'd kill that guy from highschool...
Tony Millionaires Sock monkey and James Kochalka's Peanut Butter and Jeremy are awesome comic-strip books. Both are prized posessions of mine.

Off topic but still on the topic of awesome comic related things... Does anyone read
http://www.alessonislearned.com/?
There is something about the poetry of it, the lucidness that appeals to me on a very different level. I really like it. I wish it were updated consitantly though.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 09:59:53 pm »

Quite fond of A Lesson Is Learned, yes.

Back on the subject of X-Men who may or may not be dead: did they ever bring back Cypher? I can't say as I care, but the SO was apparently very attached and tends to work Cypher's death into his occasional rants about how Comics Have Gone Down The Tubes Since He Read Them.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 11:43:17 pm »

Well he cam back merged with his good buddy Warlock. His name was Douglock.
I'm actually reading the TPB about Douglock right now. It's garbage.

If the SO's basis for being upset with comics is Cypher's death, he/she has many years of severe shit to add to that up to now. Yikes.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
kitty pryde continued - bobby iscoceles, YOU are locked
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 11:47:36 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
Off topic but still on the topic of awesome comic related things... Does anyone read
http://www.alessonislearned.com/?
There is something about the poetry of it, the lucidness that appeals to me on a very different level. I really like it. I wish it were updated consitantly though.


Oh man, I'd never seen that before, but it looks incredible.  Would that I didn't have three essays to finish tonight!
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up