Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So umm... what're y'all writin'?  (Read 3370 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 11:36:18 pm »

Aug is getting out of the boat and staying out of the boat. I Like it!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
So umm... what're y'all writin'?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 02:10:46 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
Quote from: side_show
I wrote the Rules of Conduct today for the student/actors of the production I'm currently working on: what it basically boils down to is "don't fuck around," but somehow it didn't seem right to tell the kids that, so three pages of forms instead.
This is why the Bible is like 9,000 pages instead of just saying "don't be a dick"

Indeed.  The play I'm working on right now is fully cast with youth-at-risk types, and so far my diatribe in regard to not fuck*ng around has been quite effective, perhaps because I used more concise language than the bible, and the punishment threatend due to misconduct is immediate and very clear - i.e. you are kicked out.  Imagine instant biblical reactions like that - "Hey man, you totally stole my pen!"  POOF!  You're in hell.  Then end.

Paul, here's the link to the paper that is currently printing my stuff http://www.grassrootsnews.mb.ca/ They have this super-slow loading archieve of past issues on PDF, and you'd have to look for articles by (deleted to prevent abduction by hobos)(eek, my real name spoken for the first time here).  I did have articles in the last two issues, though like I wrote before, it's been so long since I wrote these articles that I don't remember if they're the boring ones or not. Also, the editor doesn't seem to have a basic grasp of English, so the articles are often hack jobs of the originals.

On a side note, several years ago I used to write an extremely popular dating column for on-line university magazine about the quest to lose my virginity.  Sadly the site no longer exists, but I had an actual following and got fan mail, and of course lots of offers.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:17:43 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up