Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Incredibles (Pixar)  (Read 8520 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2005, 10:00:47 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I just saw this finally.  I didn't think it was so great.  And why are movies so LONG nowadays?   But as you all know, I am a movie cretin.

But it wasn't as bad as Sideways, which we also just saw, and which made me want to kill someone, probably a movie critic.

Also, Sarah Vowell - love her but boy does she have a face made for radio and cartoon voices.  I hate finding out what radio personalities look like.


So I googled out of curiousity and she's not that bad - funny and smart, too which goes a long way. But I'm taken aback: Violet Incredible even looks like Sarah Vowell.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2005, 10:49:15 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Also, Sarah Vowell - love her but boy does she have a face made for radio and cartoon voices.  I hate finding out what radio personalities look like.


It would take the kind of self-control I just don't have to read a comment like this and not do a Google Image Search.

Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.

MY APPROVAL IS LIKE SPUN fuck*ng GOLD, PEOPLE
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2005, 10:58:32 pm »

Wasn't she in the TMBG movie? She was actually pretty annoying.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2005, 12:11:32 am »

There was a TMBG movie?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2005, 12:27:15 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"


Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.



Actually that's nice, because she's funny looking the same way I fear that I am funny looking.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2005, 12:31:22 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I remember her talking about firing a homemade canon with her Dad on some NPR show.  She's very interesting - I may even listen to her audiobook, especially since Conan does a voice on it.


I heard Brad Bird interviewed on Fresh Air a couple weeks ago and he said he also liked that story, and so when they were trying to cast her, they animated a bit to match it to demonstrate how perfect she would be for a cartoon voice.  I have the DVD but haven't checked out the extras yet.  I was hoping that this bit was on there, but if it was, it probably would have been mentioned here already.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2005, 12:38:25 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"


I'm sorry you didn't think Incredibles was so great.  Please name three movies you really liked.  This way I know about what to shoot for in recommendations.  I'm guessing you wouldn't enjoy Sin City.

Castrations.


In one of my major recent personality changes, my husband and I have been renting two or three movies a week.  (Possibly because I now have a job that makes me too tired for any other hobbies.) And speaking of reccomendations, I was thinking of going back to that thread we had a while ago where everyone told about the movies they thought everyone should see before they die.  Because we'd already rented everything we could think of on our own.

However, we just found that the video store has the X-Files, which I never watched when it was on, and watching the first episode, I think I could watch more of this.  And while it might not be better than great classic movies, it's a plan that will solve our video-rental dillemma for many weeks.

I am such a movie cretin, and I have such a bad memory, it's hard for me to name three movies I liked.  Lately we saw the Japanese movie Ringu that was remade as The Ring (which we did not see.)  I liked that, but I'm a sucker for anything that takes place in Japan (although it's much preferable if it's subtitled instead of dubbed.)  I think I liked Being John Malkovich... oh dear, is that the most recent other thing I can think of??  I like movies that are a little weird.  I hate movies about people's feelings.

And yeah, no castrations is good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2005, 12:41:51 am »

Quote from: "jough"
There was a TMBG movie?


Gigantic:  A Tale Of Two Johns

Currently #4 on my Netflix Queue.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2005, 12:43:11 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"


Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.



Actually that's nice, because she's funny looking the same way I fear that I am funny looking.


In person, she didn't look quite as strange as she has in most pictures and video I've seen.  But even from pictures and video I agree: She is hell of cute.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2005, 01:00:15 am »

The X-Files is cool up until David Duchovny leaves, around season five or something like that; at this point it takes hell of nosedives.  I would suggest watching up to that point and then cutting yourself off, no matter how much you think it might maintain (it won't).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Incredibles (Pixar)
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2005, 01:04:32 am »

Quote from: "Max"
The X-Files is cool up until David Duchovny leaves


He leaves and it keeps going?  Even just seeing the pilot I can't see how that could work.

But five seasons is still a LOT of not having to decide what movie to rent.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up