Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH  (Read 2272 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« on: September 23, 2005, 07:09:59 am »

I am wondering how the Houston/SE Texas board members are dealing with Hurricane Rita in terms of evacuation and hatch-battening. My family and I are staying at our house in the Woodlands (traffic is so bad to escape). I don't really expect it to be very dangerous here. It's been confusing and scary, but for sure stimulating. I wanted to get the thoughts of you peoples about this summer's most unexpected holiday jam. That is, Hurricanes.
Logged
I am older now.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 05:55:25 pm »

My main thought is: I hope the terrorists aren't watching. Because what they're learning is that when something big happens to us, we turn into savages.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:17:13 pm »

I've seen very little savagery around here, mostly cooperation and goodwill.  The people are frustrated because the government has it's head up it's ass once again, but it's not lord of the flies time just yet.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:19:46 pm »

Actually, I think what the terrorist are learning is that when something big happens our government is incompetent.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 08:24:59 pm »

If terrorists wanted to really fuck up the nation's capital, they'd just blow up the Wilson Bridge during the morning rush hour.   Wouldn't be that hard, either--that thing would probably crumble into the Potomac with a few well-placed M-80s.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 09:02:14 pm »

You notice they keep telling us that in the DC area, the likely events would require sheltering in place instead of evacuating?  I can't help feeling that this is just a obvious rationalization of the fact that our roads are even less capable of handling than the load than what's happening in Texas. Because frankly I can't quite see why I'd want to sit at home absorbing the bomb radiation instead of running away from it, if I really had a choice.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:09:26 am »

Warning: meta.

Ash, DUDE. You can't say "I've" followed by "gots." You can say "I gots" or "I've got." Are you trying to look like a poser? You do. Trust me. I live in the ghetto.




If you're trying to look like a poseur, then by all means disregard me.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up