Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren  (Read 3163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:45:00 am »

Ok so it is a 100% party foul to be posting Monday's strip on Saturday, but it is definitely Onstad's fault.

Ray's expression in last panel = excellent.  I  can't believe Beef was able to wake up that kind of pity in the Cat of Obliviousness.

Sorry, I am so drunk right now.  But I wanted to be the first poster for at least one strip.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:13:07 am »

Apparently Beef recently watched Grave of the Fireflies. I'm a little depressed just having typed the title of that movie.

Killroy was there.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 05:47:03 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Apparently Beef recently watched Grave of the Fireflies. I'm a little depressed just having typed the title of that movie.

Killroy was there.


I wonder if that rant/vitriol someone posted in the previous thread inspired Onstad to make an early posting.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 06:04:27 am »

Well, if it did, I doubt Asherdan will find this strip any better than they've been.

WEAK

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 06:14:07 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Apparently Beef recently watched Grave of the Fireflies. I'm a little depressed just having typed the title of that movie.

Killroy was there.


Grave of the Fireflies doesn't really depress me because it's the kids' own damn fault they end up they way they do. They could have just gone back to their aunt and been slightly repressed but otherwise fine. As far as japanese movies dealing with The Bomb go, Godzilla is still the best.

EDIT TO MAKE THIS RELEVANT TO ACHEWOOD: ma+h
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 06:36:44 am »

I like all phrases that begin with "Do you think it is rad..."
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 07:36:45 am »

I thought it was really funny, but only because I get such a kick out of Ray as Einstein.  Like it would have been as funny minus dialogue.  Plus his equations were great.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 02:36:47 pm »

Grave of the Fireflies was hard to watch.  Maus really got me crying my eyes out, too.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 06:07:34 pm »

I just like the contrast here between Ray's specious equations ("ma+h"), Ray's absolute conviction in his channelling Einstein, and Beef's uniquely Beef-like way of snapping him out of it. Rad.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 12:29:59 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "jough"
Well, if it did, I doubt Asherdan will find this strip any better than they've been.

WEAK


At least it didn't bore me to fuck*ng tears and sour my whole day with spite. I can kinda grin at vaporized kiddies and imagine the little girls pigtails being the last thing to go up.

I'm a sucker for kilroy, too. I don't if it was intentional or not but in my world kilroy comes from the same WWII time frame as Nagasaki/Hiroshima and neatly links Rays doodling to Beefs later melting children statement which sets a nice theme for the whole thing and thus rates a pass for the strip from me.

YES, I LIKE TO MENTALLY MASTURBATE

this message approved by the new Asherdan who levens pure unadulterated hate with whacked out analysis.


I would recommend Fiber One or Trader Joe's high fiber cereal over more mainstream brands like All-Bran.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 12:43:43 pm »

hee, the wig is still funny.
As is Ray's scientific disection of Einstein's post-life inability to hold a pen.
Rad is the word!
Logged

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
5/09/05 - the screams of melting schoolchildren
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 12:56:16 am »

Let's have some love for "his hand is clear." The most succinct depiction of ghost pathos ever.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up