Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced  (Read 2567 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« on: July 11, 2005, 05:00:54 pm »

You can see the results here:

http://www.ccawards.com/2005.htm

Alas, Achewood did not win in its category, but TOUAMB's own Ryan North did for his Dinosaur Comics!

Congratulations, Ryan.

V-Adore

  • Guest
2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:34:11 pm »

I am deeply, deeply saddened by the idea that VG Cats beat A Lesson Is Learned But the Damage is Irreversible at anything, even if it's as chintzy an award as "Outstanding Use of Color." I mean, for the love of God.

(The stupid-ass Bleedman doujin winning character design is also disgraceful, but honestly, VG Cats?)

NOT AN EDIT BECAUSE I WAS STILL TYPING THE POST WHILE READING THIS: Oh sweet JESUS people. VG Cats over Penny Arcade for Best Videogame? The Bleedman abortion over The Front? WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH THE VOTERS. What the fuck.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 08:24:30 pm »

Man, nothing should beat A Lesson is Learned Etc.  at anything, because it is awesome, and I'm saddened that it only won a fairly silly award.

Also I am kind of embarrassed that I read The Top Romantic Webcomic every day.  I really don't want to, it just happens.  Daily.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 08:37:19 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Also I am kind of embarrassed that I read The Top Romantic Webcomic every day.  I really don't want to, it just happens.  Daily.

QC is good, is the thing. It's vaguely reminiscent of DS and Scary-Go-Round, but it has a bit more meat to it, and you can tell that the writer obviously has a certain amount of respect for his characters. Also it gets props for having a set of "indie" characters who genuinely enjoy indie rock. That's surprisingly refreshing.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:18:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You can see the results here:

http://www.ccawards.com/2005.htm

Alas, Achewood did not win in its category, but TOUAMB's own Ryan North did for his Dinosaur Comics!

Congratulations, Ryan.


Ryan North posts here?! I had no idea. Dinosaur Comics is one of the very very few webcomics I hold in the same esteem as Achewood.

Webcomics are a lot like anime to me: There are 5 or so good ones and the rest are total crap and overrated by their community for no good reason at all. Maybe I make this connection because all the crappy webcomics tend to look like anime. I don't know.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 09:36:13 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"

Ryan North posts here?! I had no idea. Dinosaur Comics is one of the very very few webcomics I hold in the same esteem as Achewood.


Yeah, I hadn't quite absorbed that one yet, but he was posting here a bit when he first started DC, so we congratulate him for being recognised by his peers.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Re: 2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 09:36:41 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Ryan North posts here?! I had no idea.


Yeah, I don't know how you'd have missed him.

I think Jough was using "x's own" in the same sense that small-town newspapers use the phrase in re: some famous dude who spent six weeks there, in a rented room, as an infant.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
2005 Cartoonist's Choice Awards Winners Announced
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 09:37:07 pm »

Jinx.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up