Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat  (Read 4721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 02:37:26 am »

Quote from: "southworth813"
Don't let that pushy jerk arlucasinc push you around!


Dang, yo... That's harsh.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 04:06:11 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I unironically like Lyle Lovett. It's not difficult.


Me too.  It was hard to accept because my Mom likes him, and when I was younger I had lumped him with other "Mom Music" musicians--you know:  Peabo Bryson, Michael Bolton, etc.  I only really know his earlier stuff, but it ain't bad.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 04:25:37 am »

Quote from: "misterqueue"

For the record, Kraftwerk does hire guys to come pee on them; they're called SQUAD.P#, and they have impeccable aim (so as not to hit the *****s).


 This thing you have written, it is beautiful.

I thought Beef was suggesting Kraftwerk are so rich that they have servants to do thee deed. The only rich person he knows probably would hire people to do that, if it suited him (I'm not implying any kind of fetish here. That's just crass. I mean if Ray found out that waste is a great natural exfoliant, etc).
Logged
I am older now.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 10:36:25 am »

My original interpretation coincides with arlucasinc that Beef is suggesting Kraftwerk is hated by many, but the German pee fetish actually makes better sense.

As for Lyle Lovett, being from Texas I have tried to no avail to like him.  He's got a good idea with his "large band" concept but he writes terribly boring songs.  Take for instance the song Beef and Molly are listening to.  It's a mildy funny concept, you can steal my girl, I don't care about her, but don't fuck with my hat.  But the song has like 10 verses (maybe it just seems like it) and they all say basically the exact same thing.   He did an album of covers by other Texas Trubadors that's pretty good.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 06:33:15 pm »

For whatever reason I've always put ol' Lyle in the K.D. Lang category - kind of it's own category - and I can't get excited about either one.

I <do> like Dwight Yoakam, though. So go figure.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 01:13:08 am »

I used to work with Dwight Yoakum's dad.  And Cameron Crowe's uncle at the same place.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up