Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: For I am a Rain Dog Too  (Read 4837 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 04:53:35 am »

Unfortunately, I don't think they're allowed to give out free samples.  But I'm good for a round or two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 04:56:14 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I had Knob Creek; andalucia had some sort of brandy crap, because she wasn't tough enough for the ol' Southern Comfort (my gay porno name, coincidentally). It ain't bourbon, but it's gettin' closer.


Look, they are approximately the same colour, start with the same letter, and are both foul.  I do what I can with the contents of the pantry.  It doesn't mean I love Tom Waits any less.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:16 am »

Will just listening to some Tom Waits be enough?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 06:05:51 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Unfortunately, I don't think they're allowed to give out free samples.  But I'm good for a round or two.


Well, shit dude.  Again, could have known this before I was there.

Also, liqour stores were closed after work, and didn't have time on the way home from school.  It's gonna have to be vodka.  I am so sorry.  But I will put on Rain Dogs as I try to sleep.

Edit:  It's on, and it is good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 02:57:28 pm »

Yay... thank you all for celebrating with me by proxy.

And yes Paul, just listening was enough.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 04:58:04 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"

Exactly.. Tom Waits is the only person who I would write a post about Birthday-wise on the Internet... well, barring myself maybe (March 15th... gifts in the form of money and nubile young ladies please)...


I just happened to have an open bottle of bourbon handy, so I had some in honour of the old Rain Dog while listening of course to Rain Dogs (followed by Frank's Wild Years, which for one reason or another is my favourite of his).

Also, Mr. Q, you were born on the ides of March?  Do people always tell you to "beware" and stuff?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 06:10:54 pm »

Yes actually... when I was a kid I was obsessed with GMr. Wonderfuls Julius Caesar (True story).. so much so that I even dressed like him for halloween.

Also, if I wasn't the cutest lil emporer ever I don't really know who was... except maybe Qin Shi Huangdi, first emporer of the Qin dynasty.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up