Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK  (Read 3540 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 07:01:22 pm »


edit:  I've just discovered that "scrotums," while acceptable, is not preferred.  The preferred plural is "scrota."  This is much, much funnier.


So that means "scrotum" is, in fact, a neuter noun?  Whatever, Latin.  Way to assign gender to your nouns.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 07:06:29 pm »

So much of Achewood consists of cats on phones.  It doesn't really get old.

Ray is all talking deridingly at Todd, assuming that Todd is an asshole, then BAM!... talkin' to mom.  Who's the asshole now?

It is interesting to see Ray being embarassed about his own work.  Deep down, does Ray feel like he is a being a fraud?  I would not have assumed that he ever thought such a thing, but this phone call makes me question that belief.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 07:12:48 pm »

see, the issue is this:
Scrotum, scroti, nuet. does not refer to a man-sack, just a sack, or bag. Or... something like that. I cannot find my latin dictionary at the moment.
The actual word is "testiculus". I am not sure what this is the diminuitive of, but I'm sure it's something pretty amusing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 07:24:14 pm »

r_g, there is one being that can put Ray off his game, and that's his mom.  But that's the whole point; you've nailed it IMO.  Ray is taken from being all large and in charge, bossing his business partner around for making a personal phone call,... to a state of confused sadness because he knows he's a fraud when he can't answer his mom's simplest question.

I imagine Mr. Onstad may face a similar situation in his enterprise... trying to answer a mom, who can't imagine her son making a living from these stylized T-shirts bearing an entirely made-up booze label.  Drawings of naked animated stuffed animals with Christmas stockings over their privates!  That's not right!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:27:46 pm by Undertoad »
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 10:24:10 pm »

Re: this thread's title, perhaps it would have been more appropriate if Martin Luther King, Jr.'s spirit had visited R.Q. Smuckles' place of business and purchased a tiny 'sack for his ghostly cellular phone.

I do not mean this in a derogatory way.  I'm just sayin' that even departed American heroes could be in the market for ChatSacks.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 16, 2006 - I don't know what this has to do with MLK
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 03:05:42 am »

I imagine Mr. Onstad may face a similar situation in his enterprise... trying to answer a mom, who can't imagine her son making a living from these stylized T-shirts bearing an entirely made-up booze label.  Drawings of naked animated stuffed animals with Christmas stockings over their privates!  That's not right!

He already had to deal with his grandmother's reacition to the strip.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up