Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did Santa get you?  (Read 14622 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2005, 03:10:15 am »

I use SO or "ladyfriend" because I am horrified of commitment and hope that, by not using "girlfriend," I can somehow distance myself from causing this person the emotional trauma attendant with the inevitable painful break-up.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2005, 01:04:01 pm »

In the real world, I'm a particular fan of "my better half," but I'm sure that's because of some deep-rooted self-esteem issue or something. I also toss "SO," "girlfriend," and "fiancee" around in equal portions, "SO" being mainly online for typing ease.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2006, 04:51:20 am »

I use "significant other" when referring to others en masse.  Such as "Barbecue at my house Saturday, c'mon over, bring your significant others," because that's easier than saying "Bring your spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, date, lover, gay or straight, whatever you got."

Talking about my own relationship, I say "The missus."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2006, 05:06:10 am »

Disclaimer:  This is a little bit dated.  As i've stated a few times lately my recent work related adventures have put me off my game picture wise, but the arrival of Alex's girlfriend Dawn and her awesome icecream eating pictures have prompted me to get it together and post some pictures.  So that is why I am posting in the 'What did Santa get you (for Christmas)?' thread on the late date of February 5.

So anyway...

I got lots of goodies.  Actually I bought all of that for myself (except for the shoes), but I did make my Mother wrap the laptop (yes those are tomatoes) and tell me it was from Santa.  I also got a care package from Hawaii. Thanks AD.  Along with the Hawaii goodies was this guy.  I had him all of one day when I dropped him and broke his pinkie off.  He's still ultra cool in my book.  Thanks again Dawg.  Last night I finally got around to preparing the pancake mix with cocoanut syrup and macadamia nuts.  The verdict, "mighty tasty."

I also got socks and drawers and some other stuff.

~Paul


Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2006, 05:22:05 am »

Nice haircut.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: What did Santa get you?
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2006, 01:41:07 pm »

Paul, even though I know its been said before, your mustache is fabulous!

Also, I am so happy I have been the reason you posted pictures. Hooray!

And I went up in the St. Louis Arch this weekend and will soon be posting pictures here, because why not? :) Plus, I really like some of them!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up