Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.  (Read 1954 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:59:14 am »

I was torn between voting for my own nom out of a sense of obligation and voting for another option that I wish I'd thought of. I went with the latter.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:02:37 am »

This is one of the few that my own nomination stands up for me.  In almost every other poll I was reminded of something better that I had forgotten.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:09:48 am »

I would just like to thank all of you who had enough imagination and functioning memory to actually make nominations.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:34:47 am »

I don't remember what I nominated.  Probably Pat Paulson.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 04:54:27 am »

Aren't these two the same thing?

The Party
A Party centering on the blueness of the toilet water

Anyway, I also voted against my nomination.  Go figure.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 06:10:42 am »

I stayed with mine, although I was reminded by the other nominations that there are so many rad things in Onstad's mind I would like to witness.  No, not that, Mr. Q.  Or that.  You Sick Fuck.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:48:15 am »

I think THE Party is that three day long party that occurs way back in the archives. A lot of weird stuff occurs. I'm pretty sure it's very different than the Blue Toilet Water party.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:26:16 am »

I stayed with mine, although I was reminded by the other nominations that there are so many rad things in Onstad's mind I would like to witness.  No, not that, Mr. Q.  Or that.  You Sick Fuck.

How in the hell did you know that mine was the Sick Fuck one?  I mean...  oh... I guess it DOES make sense.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 01:34:24 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 01:28:31 pm »

Whoever nominated "Hot bloody fat on the Mayor" is getting a boot in the ass.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »

Whoever nominated "Hot bloody fat on the Mayor" is getting a boot in the ass.


yeah... SOMEthing is wrong with that person.  Clearly.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 06:50:11 pm »

I think THE Party is that three day long party that occurs way back in the archives. A lot of weird stuff occurs. I'm pretty sure it's very different than the Blue Toilet Water party.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that The Party is the first real "plot arc," the one involving Lyle beating the crap out of Lie Bot and Philippe first meeting Ultra Peanut.

Anyway, I can't quite remember what I nominated (yeah, I'm dumb), so I'll just vote appropriate-like.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 02:40:48 pm »

Yeah, I nominated The Party, and I meant the early story arc Party, not the latter Blue Toilet Water Party.  Someone else nominated that one, they are indeed different things.

Doesn't matter - like in other categories, someone else thought up something better, so I didn't end up voting for either of the parties.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up