Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst First Effort Award  (Read 1536 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Worst First Effort Award
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:39:03 am »

This whole contest has already proven to be worth it if only for the fact that we got to be reminded that Side Show refers to her own private area as "The Honey Pot".

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:28:03 am »

the imperator, as I remember, made a non-sequitur of a reference to absinthe.

sugar cubes and slotted spoons are absinthe paraphanalia.
so he wins for that, I think.


nevermind that. I hadn't read one of the other ones. now that other one wins.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 04:07:47 am »

This is kind of a tough one to vote on.  None of those first posts are, in themselves, that horrendous.  Odd maybe, but not terrible.  However, in each of them things seems to rapidly go downhill.

So, I guess I'm asking for a clarification.  Is this category about the worst first post or is it broader than that -- the worst first impression, maybe.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 05:01:17 am »

Also, how the hell did Tha Sugar Rain not get nominated here?  I mean, seriously?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:38:21 am »

There was no nomination for Tha Sugah Rain! Strange though it sounds, our crack team of nominators dropped the ball.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 07:38:58 am »

This is kind of a tough one to vote on.  None of those first posts are, in themselves, that horrendous.  Odd maybe, but not terrible.  However, in each of them things seems to rapidly go downhill.

So, I guess I'm asking for a clarification.  Is this category about the worst first post or is it broader than that -- the worst first impression, maybe.

Just do your best and the good Lord will provide.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 03:06:40 pm »

Also, how the hell did Tha Sugar Rain not get nominated here?  I mean, seriously?

Ignore the stupid southern drawl, and his first post was actually decent.  It wasn't a typical newbie post; he actually had something to say.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 06:51:41 pm »

I still love monkey punch's first post, or at least the fact that it exists.

Also, I recall Imperator Severn not being that crap a dude once he just got over himself.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Worst First Effort Award
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:00:29 pm »

Yeah IS definitely shaped up later, but it's all about the first impression here, I think...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up