Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sun City  (Read 1608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sun City
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:38:31 pm »

Somewhere between San Antonio and Houston is this billboard.   It made me mad because I thought, wow, they are really not being very subtle are they.  Come live in Sun City, it's like old times here, you know just like Sun City in Africa, nudge nudge.  I've been seeing it every time I passed through and finally yesterday I snapped a picture of it. When I got home and got the picture on my computer I took a closer look at it and dude is black, at least I think he is. Maybe.  So, uhhhh... nevermind I guess.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Sun City
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 09:52:32 pm »

Say I, I, I, ain't gonna play Sun Citaaaaaaay.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sun City
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:28:04 pm »

Is he black?  He looks like a white dude with a Hamilton Tan.

Anyway, Sun City is such a common name for a town that I wouldn't read too much into it.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Sun City
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:03 pm »

He kind of looks like a light-skinded Ed Bradley.

That Del Webb guy has built like 20 different 'Sun City' communities. It's a pretty inocuous name in my opinion.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Sun City
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:48:26 am »

I thought he was holding like a bluegiraffe, by its gills, but it appears that he has caught a dog.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sun City
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:34:33 pm »

Hmm.
I don't believe I shall be moving into that community. the man is of questionable negritude, and I don't want my children meeting any people they can't immediately categorize

[/pseudoracism]


anyway, um, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. i misunderstood this one commercial, and spent like a week telling people how racist it was.

I felt like an ass when I realized that I was the only person who thought it was saying what I thought it was saying. mostly because I argued with people that it was racist, vehemently, for several days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up