Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a simple program  (Read 5302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I need a simple program
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12:45 pm »

As long as we are begging for free software....

Is there a script I can run that returns the Filenames only (no paths) of everything on a network drive? There are about 47,000 files on this drive and I want to check for duplicate files.

I have ACDSee 7.0 it will do this.  It can compare just file names (fast) or actual contents regardless of file name (slower).

If you only need to do this once you could probably just install the 30-day trial, run the comparison and uninstall it. Or there's always eMule. I don't know about 8.0
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I need a simple program
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 11:36:53 pm »

Microsoft has a PowerToy called SyncTool which looks at two directories and can copy or delete files in either or both directions.  It's awesome for keeping travelling copies of stuff on a USB drive or something and then reconsiling the differences when you get home.

You can also use it to just make a list of the files that would be changed/added/deleted without actually performing the action, and you can even write that list to a log.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up