Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!  (Read 11129 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2006, 04:18:48 am »

I figured I'd leave that to you, Paul.

Damn, I gotta do your work for you and I don't even get a thank you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2006, 05:12:32 am »

I threw a few cans of DP your way.

Mr Bad Example

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2006, 05:17:58 am »

This strip has totally changed my opinion of Vlad. I used to think he was just a one-note placeholder, only good for the occasional throwaway gag. I'd see him in a strip, and I'd think, yeah, yeah, he's a ladies'-man wannabe. But as it turns out, he's a Zorba-esque philosopher king.

Also, "We spit on the face of death for another day! BAH!" is pretty much my new favorite saying.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2006, 06:42:26 am »

This strip has totally changed my opinion of Vlad. I used to think he was just a one-note placeholder, only good for the occasional throwaway gag. I'd see him in a strip, and I'd think, yeah, yeah, he's a ladies'-man wannabe. But as it turns out, he's a Zorba-esque philosopher king.

Well said.  I concur.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2006, 12:42:58 pm »

My family car story.

I asked my Mother to find a picture of Captain America and this is what she sent me.  Circa 1957-8 I would guess.  I also copied what I wrote here to her and this is her response:

Quote from: Paul's Mom
Y'all use to drag sticks in that hole in the back and make a noise and I would say what is that noise, and youall would just laugh.  Remember that It had no reverse and had to be careful about where I pulled in cause I couldnt back out. At home all I had to do was roll down the driveway because it was on a recline.  Remember the time I pulled into the school and couldnt back out and pushed with my foot to roll backwards and lost my shoe and Stewart was yelling for me to just leave it because he was so embarrased.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006, 04:43:48 pm »

Yes, I have become attached to many an inanimate object as well, and I have the photographs to prove it.  Couch.  Numerous chairs.  Oscillating fan.  Air conditioner.  Hmm, I think I am noticing a trend.  I still have hell of difficulty throwing away anything.  But those things provided so much comfort.

Have you ever see the movie The Brave Little Toaster? I loved that movie and also had an affection for inanimate objects.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2006, 06:05:23 pm »

That was definitely a movie of my childhood.  Heh..

Oh, and I had this old piece of crap falling apart blue mustang convertible.  Wait, I still do.  It runs like crap, is frigid in the winter but super hot in the summer, the top has to be manually helped up and down because the mechanism is bad, the rear window is just a plastic sheet because anything else we put in it breaks, the back collects water, reverse only works half the time, the tailpipe rattles against the body, etc etc etc.  My sister's boyfriend calls it the Rustang.  I think it's still cool.  I just wish I could rely on it to take me somewhere more than 15 minutes away.
Logged
~

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »

I will never forget the conversation I had with my mom when we got rid of our family car.  I was about five or six, and very sad.  Note my mom is a liar.

ME: I will miss our car!
MOM: We will take you to visit it sometimes.
ME: I will miss RIDING in our car!
MOM: Maybe the man will take you for a ride in it someday.
ME: I will miss the WAY THE CAR LOOKS IN OUR GARAGE!
MOM: ... ... I can't help you there.
ME: Waaaaaaaaaa!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up