Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: ... - 11 Apr 06  (Read 18451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2006, 07:08:01 am »

I'm totally copying that calvin pissing thing over to my cafepress store, because I live for irony.

Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2006, 12:13:50 pm »

I must've just got bored of it and they've never really tried to evolve.
Yeah dude, if you're looking for character development, PA ain't your strip.

On the opposite end of that, is there anybody out there who still reads Megatokyo? I read it for maybe a year way back in the day, and then I gave up. It's real purty, but I got sick of comparing notes on which underage Japanese girl was which.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2006, 03:55:32 pm »

I still read Megatokyo... for a serial, it moves hell of the slow.   They've been running it for like 8 or 9 years now, and I think only 8 or 9 days have passed in the strip.

Maybe a month.

I stopped reading for a while when they had the weird side plot about windmills and girls with wings...***** wings?  I like a good mish-mash, but that was a little far.

Also: Penny Arcade.   Yes... I read it for the news posts.   Tycho has always been gifted with words.   Sometimes I forget to read the comic.   
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2006, 04:29:53 pm »

I still read Megatokyo... for a serial, it moves hell of the slow.   They've been running it for like 8 or 9 years now, and I think only 8 or 9 days have passed in the strip.

Maybe a month.

I don't know if that's really all that unusual. Wigu is only on day 4 or 5. The first 6 issues of The Tick are subtitled Sunday Through Thursday, IIRC. And hell between 1960 and 1990 Peter Parker only aged like 6 years.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2006, 04:36:07 pm »

I read Megatokyo for a while because I am a sucker for pictures of Japanese city streets.  But I couldn't tell the characters apart.  And, um, it had a plot?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up