Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yoga mix  (Read 17273 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2006, 03:56:57 am »

I've even added extra arbitrariness to the system now - once a day a random user gets 10 cans taken away.  A different random user (could be the same user, but doubtful statistically) gets an added 10 cans.

Also, anyone taking more than 5 cans away from the same user on the same day gets -50 cans taken away from themselves.

Also, I may make up more arbitrary rules that the cron job can run.  It is as easy as "UPDATE karma SET given=given+10 WHERE memberID=RAND() LIMIT 1".

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2006, 05:58:15 am »

He's a cruel and capricious divine phallus, but we love Him anyway.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2006, 06:04:16 am »

Tiny cans are boring.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2006, 07:01:41 pm »

ok, this reminds me-- Jough, I have a dead account hanging about that I can't log in to. It is from before, when i registered and just lurked. I didn't get to register until I got a new email address because my old one was from, roughly, 6th grade. Ummm... I can't find it now. Did you purge old, unused accounts? The associated email would be "wraithboy@hotmail.com"

Also, while I'm on it, I remember the thing that made me want to register, and then realize that my account was closed: Pat commented on Luna bars. And no one pointed this out. LUNA BARS ARE FOR LADIES. He wanted to buy power bars that would give him extra iron when it was that special lady-time.

Or did someone notice this at the time?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2006, 11:11:56 pm »

No account with that email, Inev - but I wouldn't worry about it.  At some point I will be doing another big purge of users whose accounts have 0 posts, or haven't logged in since the new system was added, etc.

May as well clear out the clutter, and tighten up the member list a li'l' bit.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2006, 07:36:03 am »

Wow, I haven't been here in about a month and my thread has doubled in size.. I have yet to read what it's all about, but... yes, just felt like saying something before I forget.

I still read achewood, but the past month has been rough with keeping up with forums/communities, so eck, yeah... I'll try to check in more if this is what happens when I'm gone ;D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2006, 07:40:59 am »

I'm allowed to double post in my own thread, right?
[hopefully there's no other direct questions here -- still reading -- or.. okay, I'll just edit this post if there are...]

D'ya wanna do it again?  Please!!!!!

Weeks late here, but... sure :D

I'm actually about to make another mix again soon since on iTunes, a few songs played back to back that inspired me.. once inspiration hits, I know another mix is soon to follow!

For the record, my new fav. band is Birdmonster.  take note, take note...

---

[edit]
Okay, caught up... the can thing.. I don't even remember how many I had before I left.. I think it was less than I have now, so I'll figure I became popular in my absence? ;D
I just gave paul ['cause I always reward those who praise even while begging.. *snort*] and ben-san [the thing about the title made me laugh; I do hate trail mix though... weird oddity.  instead I'd rather eat banana nut crunch out of the box.. mmm clusterssss and nutssss] one though.

I've never in my days here taken any away... I don't like the idea of bad karma for anyone even if they are being a crap dude.  someone else is bound to do it instead.

System or no system doesn't make a diff.. I can praise without giving cans, but it is a bit nice to click on it if it remains.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:55:15 am by starlight »
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up