Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Poll

Should we proceed with this wild notion?

Yes, please. I will contribute!
- 2 (28.6%)
No, thanks. I will try to run this project into the ground.
- 1 (14.3%)
Yes, please. I won't contribute.
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 15, 2006, 09:00:22 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune  (Read 3172 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:00:22 pm »

This is probably going to work better in theory than in practice, but I think a collaborative music piece done by the board is an idea too awesome not to try and follow through. It could perhaps take the form of one person providing a chord structure, someone else adding a bassline, then a melody, until we have our own song. Does this idea suck?

How it might work:

There is the music and a recording of the song in it's current form, so for example we start with a chord structure. This is then recorded and wrote down and sent to the next contributor. They then update recording and music. Using something like Guitar Pro or Sibelius I could write the whole thing up if there's problems with people recording.

Anyway, that's just a basic idea of how it might work. Christ, this thing is destined to fail.   
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:24:03 pm »

Does it have lyrics?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:25:46 pm »

Does it have lyrics?

Hell, it can have didgeredoo. If you reckon you could live up to the greatness of TOUAMB and write some great lyrics about it, that'd be fantastic. Maybe a certain poetry expert who has been here since the babysteps of the board.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:27:29 pm »

Last time I wrote lyrics on this board I was promised a recorded song, but I never heard it.

I'm looking at you Limmo...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:33:46 pm by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:34:54 pm »

Honestly, I think we should just get it done right now and steal 'We Are the World.'

It's quick, it's easy, it's star-studded.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:08:22 am »

TOUAMB band?  Playing the blues the government doesn't want to be heard?

I always translate "touamb" to "tomb" in my mind (because it sounds cool, not because I come here to die).  How about the "Touambstones"?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 12:15:21 am »

TOUAMB band?  Playing the blues the government doesn't want to be heard?

I always translate "touamb" to "tomb" in my mind (because it sounds cool, not because I come here to die).  How about the "Touambstones"?

Yes! Good! A band name is always the first step. The Touambies might work, but confusion with awards and all. I can't believe I'm taking this seriously.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 01:52:13 am »

I approve of this project but have no way of contributing. So... y'know. Carry on.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:56:12 am »

If you need words or a melody to a singing line I'm the guy... beyond that.. uhh.. I will watch.  Hello.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:05:43 am »

If you need words or a melody to a singing line I'm the guy... beyond that.. uhh.. I will watch.  Hello.

As long as you do not sing about torture, stalking, or sexual deviancy. Unless you can do it in a Jarvis Cocker kind of way. Scratch that, DO sing about these things. If it's going to be a TOUAMB song, then it's going to have some misterqueue personality in it.

I apologise for that crankiness.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 08:30:26 pm »

As long as you do not sing about torture, stalking, or sexual deviancy. Unless you can do it in a Jarvis Cocker kind of way. Scratch that, DO sing about these things. If it's going to be a TOUAMB song, then it's going to have some misterqueue personality in it.

I apologise for that crankiness.

If we don't sing about those things, all that's left is giraffe placenta.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:45:10 pm »

If we don't sing about those things, all that's left is giraffe placenta.
And prescriptive grammar.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:35:30 pm »

Will the song be Educational?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 09:59:42 pm »

Mostly I am hoping it is basically like treasure.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:32 am »

'Basically like treasure' would be a good title, though it sounds more like an album title than a song.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up