Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can any major dude with half a heart tell me?  (Read 5756 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Can any major dude with half a heart tell me?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 06:56:25 pm »

then again, maybe I'll feel differently when I'm 50 and fantasizing about getting my bone on with some hot young lady.

A friend of mine puts down Steely Dan as "Booty Music for Old People"...but she likes the Eagles, so boo to her.

I would start with Pretzel Logic, mostly because that's where I started, and they quickly became one of my favorite bands. I like the diversity of the album, though it doesn't have the cohesion of an Aja, it serves as a real nice overview. Other than that, Paul and everyone's analysis was pretty spot on.

I think it helps to be a musician to like them, I think, more so, I'd say, than Television, who's lack of mainstream popularity I primarily blame on lack of airplay.

Edit: I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in this forum, and it's relevant to the topic that the Yacht Rock series is one of the best things about the internet right now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:35:03 pm by Emmoh »
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up