Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garageband  (Read 995 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Garageband
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:13:32 am »

I am posting this here because I don't no where else it could possibly fit:


My roommate bought a mac a couple of months ago, and I was very eager to mess around with Garageband.  Anyhow, it was all it is claimed to be and I rushed out and got a less than legal version of Sony Acid for my windows system.  I don't really like mac's since they give you relatively less choice on what programs to use and accessibility, despite the fact they run somewhat quicker.  Anyways, Acid does not have the music loops that the Garageband does, so I can't have that much fun with it.  I tried fruityloops, but it was also not as good as garageband.  Acid is as good, but doesn't have the loops.  Fruityloops is not as easy to use, but does have the loops.  The loops don't work between the two programs.  Does anyone have any idea on how to get the loops or the equivalent Sony loops?  I can't really buy a new computer for one program that will not even work with my mp3 players, as I am in college, yet my life feels emptier without this specific program.  I just got high, and don't really even know what my question is at this point, but any help with like loops for Sony acid would be nice.  Thanks.



You can find like ambient or drum and bass etc, but garageband has like loads of instruments and like at least 20 samples for each instrument.  Like just normal loops.  I guess if you are going to be helpful to this problem you probably know that, just trying to be more specific.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:22:58 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Garageband
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:34:22 pm »

I haven't used fruityloops in ages, but from what I remember there are plenty of instrument and loop plugins to be found floating around on the web, and plenty of tools for creating your own instruments etc.  Personally I think your choice of sequencing software should have less to do with the selection of premade loops available and more with the flexibility of the tools it gives you.  Also, there's plenty of reasons to switch to Mac, garageband is just icing on the cake. 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Garageband
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:44:37 pm »

See that is the thing, I like Acid and Garageband equally (acid runs a little smoother, but they both have basically the same interface and can do the same things), just garageband has the loops that I need so much.  See, I am in a band with just a bassist and guitar player, and while it is cool, it is nice to add some extra noise to some tracks occasionally.  Ah, whatever, I will just keep trying to download loops that turn out to be shit.  I swear it is impossible to find a nice, elaborate yet simple pack of loops for Sony Acid.


You mentioned tools for creating your own instruments, do you know any program names or anything that could help me go down that path?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up