Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood fanimation  (Read 3171 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 04:26:21 pm »

I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

Hmm... smick does this cute thing where he re-states what I have just stated in a slightly less articulate way?  I think I'm having deja thread or something.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 06:01:53 pm »

The music in the 2-D animation was kinda nice.

The Outdoor Fight video reminded me, however, of my opinion of most guys in smalltown punk bands, that rarest of rare kind of douchebag in any other context: the good-natured douchebag.

The kind of douchebag who... has no idea he is a douchebag, is in no way trying to be a douchebag... but is nonetheless a total douche. He is a nice guy, well-intentioned, perhaps even slightly interesting outside of the context of playing a music that is built around the idea that you don't have to be able to sing or play your instrument... but the moment he starts "singing", it is as if you are Doctor Bones on Star Trek, swinging your tricorder over the guy:

"Captain, it's just as I feared. Scanner reads... douchebag."

In just about every other social structure, the nice douchebag is as rare as the unironic Christina Agulera fan but... in punk music, nearly a third of the people are unintentional douches. Someone should actually do a study on it, not like I did, where I just made a bunch of numbers up.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up