Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A mote of friendly advice...  (Read 9621 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: A mote of friendly advice...
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 12:07:14 pm »

Damn, man. I hope your rib situation is improved! Hopefully they were right, and it's sorted by now.

I almost joined you as a slippery shower victim last night. I had the bright idea of going in after a bottle of wine. I'm standing with my back to the curtain, and standing on one leg. I do that a lot for reasons unkown, stupidly dangerous as it is. Next thing I know my foot goes out from under me, the side of the bath forces my leg to bend, and i fall backwards. The back of my head/neck was exactly in line with the edge of the toilet. I somehow managed to get my arms behind me, in the nick of time. If I hadn't, man, I think I'd be lucky to escape with all my motor functions. I reckon I'd have just straight-up broken my spine. I had all my weight behind me, and I'm a fairly tall dude, so the velocity would likely have just shattered it. A fuck*ng close shave and a half it was. Afterwards I picked myself up, sat on the edge of the bath and just laughed for a good 10 minutes, just happy to be intact.

I don't mean to out-do you or anything, but give me a broken rib any day. My biggest fear is being paralyzed, and I think I came pretty fuck*ng close last night. I've gotten all shaky just thinking about it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A mote of friendly advice...
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 03:08:16 pm »

Thanks for asking.

It's much improved, but there are still a few twinges throughout the day. 

All and all an experience I don't care to repeat.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A mote of friendly advice...
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 09:00:01 pm »

Damn, man. I hope your rib situation is improved! Hopefully they were right, and it's sorted by now.

I almost joined you as a slippery shower victim last night. I had the bright idea of going in after a bottle of wine. I'm standing with my back to the curtain, and standing on one leg. I do that a lot for reasons unkown, stupidly dangerous as it is. Next thing I know my foot goes out from under me, the side of the bath forces my leg to bend, and i fall backwards. The back of my head/neck was exactly in line with the edge of the toilet. I somehow managed to get my arms behind me, in the nick of time. If I hadn't, man, I think I'd be lucky to escape with all my motor functions. I reckon I'd have just straight-up broken my spine. I had all my weight behind me, and I'm a fairly tall dude, so the velocity would likely have just shattered it. A fuck*ng close shave and a half it was. Afterwards I picked myself up, sat on the edge of the bath and just laughed for a good 10 minutes, just happy to be intact.

I don't mean to out-do you or anything, but give me a broken rib any day. My biggest fear is being paralyzed, and I think I came pretty fuck*ng close last night. I've gotten all shaky just thinking about it.

11 posts and already we're hearing about your deathwish? No, man, you seem like a good dude. Do not destroy yourself. It will be hard for you to post on here using a wand in your mouth.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: A mote of friendly advice...
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 07:35:53 am »

Damn, man. I hope your rib situation is improved! Hopefully they were right, and it's sorted by now.

I almost joined you as a slippery shower victim last night. I had the bright idea of going in after a bottle of wine. I'm standing with my back to the curtain, and standing on one leg. I do that a lot for reasons unkown, stupidly dangerous as it is. Next thing I know my foot goes out from under me, the side of the bath forces my leg to bend, and i fall backwards. The back of my head/neck was exactly in line with the edge of the toilet. I somehow managed to get my arms behind me, in the nick of time. If I hadn't, man, I think I'd be lucky to escape with all my motor functions. I reckon I'd have just straight-up broken my spine. I had all my weight behind me, and I'm a fairly tall dude, so the velocity would likely have just shattered it. A fuck*ng close shave and a half it was. Afterwards I picked myself up, sat on the edge of the bath and just laughed for a good 10 minutes, just happy to be intact.

I don't mean to out-do you or anything, but give me a broken rib any day. My biggest fear is being paralyzed, and I think I came pretty fuck*ng close last night. I've gotten all shaky just thinking about it.

Took me a minute to figure out that you weren't getting a bottle of wine out of your shower. Glad you are not paralyzed, though.
Logged

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: A mote of friendly advice...
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 09:56:01 am »

Me too! Possibly even more glad than you. I can't imagine paralysation being much fun. I mean, it's not like I actually move much as it is, but at least the option is there. It's no deathwish, quite the contrary. It's my triumphing over slippery bathtubs with my hyper-keen reflexes. Perhaps I'd be better just off sitting down next time.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up