Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neil Young Living with War  (Read 4502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 05:23:43 am »

And if you do buy it, be sure to click on Limmo's link that has his Amazon referrer ID in there.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 08:11:22 am »

Yea, I would start at Decade, then Harvest, then After the Goldrush.  At this point you will probably want more, and I would recommend Neil Young and On the Beach (heavily, heavily recommended), but everyone's choice will be different after the first three.

Live Rust is fuck*ng awesome as well.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 09:52:34 pm »

And if you do buy it, be sure to click on Limmo's link that has his Amazon referrer ID in there.

Did I do something wrong?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 03:52:05 am »

No, I just figured I'd let you know that it did not go unnoticed, slickster. ;)

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 10:46:53 pm »

You are attributing to me a slickness that I do not really have - I didn't know that there was any kind of benefit to posting an Amazon link.  I just automatically went there and noticed they had a shitload of used copies for ten bucks.

I've altered the original post to remove the Amazon link and include a new one from rateyourmusic, so interested parties can read Decade reviews without any dreaded commercial taint.   

Heh heh, I said "taint."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up