Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Poll

Best Possible Decision Flow Chart

ray
- 3 (9.7%)
nice pete
- 11 (35.5%)
teodore
- 1 (3.2%)
lyle
- 5 (16.1%)
roast beef
- 1 (3.2%)
Touamb Hive Mind
- 5 (16.1%)
Philippe
- 2 (6.5%)
pat
- 3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30


Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.  (Read 10028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 06:29:00 am »

this just in, I realized upon the Facebook Stalk (TM) that the girl I was mentioning from the radio station...

she looks like Hobot. And I almost told her this. Except... i would have said Hobot's real person name?

Does that count? I realized that I would have had to add "except, you know... Indian." So I chose to keep it to myself.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 06:48:36 am »

this just in, I realized upon the Facebook Stalk (TM) that the girl I was mentioning from the radio station...

she looks like Hobot. And I almost told her this. Except... i would have said Hobot's real person name?

Does that count? I realized that I would have had to add "except, you know... Indian." So I chose to keep it to myself.

India as in the country India, or Native American?

I'm confused.

Also, theinev, good job on the internal-voice-only. that would've sounded...odd, to say the least.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »

yeah. I mean, it's not like I really would have said that, I'm pretty good about not saying incredibly stupid things (in real life).

and yes, I mean Indian from India. that would have been even worse, on such a high level... that would have been overachieving in being creepy and offensive.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »

Jesus Christ, I come back to this thread and it's all NPR slash fic references everywhere.  Thanks a bunch guys, I think I'll go set fire to my brain now.

LFM, I would also have to shoot my computer if that happened.  Not so much because the slash fiction might come back, but rather because a computer that had displayed that on its screen would be permanently tainted and corrupted, like an electronic homeopathic solution.

I am glad there is a poll here now, though.  That much is good.  Also, a Nice Pete flowchart would have to include this box.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 10:20:52 pm »

...not that Amy Sedaris isn't kinda hot in a "okay, she's a little too old for me but..." way.

I dunno, pictures like the one near the bottom of this page kinda make the age thing irrelevant.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 10:56:16 pm »

I dunno, pictures like the one near the bottom of this page kinda make the age thing irrelevant.

That's printed on the inside of the front cover, if you haven't seen the book.
Logged

isaacs_law

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2007, 05:14:50 am »

"A baseball cap can hold the average puke" is length and meter-perfect for one line of a heroic couplet or the last lines of a sonnet, I think.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 11:48:01 pm »

By all means, sir, elaborate.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 02:33:40 am »

Shall I compare thee to my last party?
Nay, my fair maid, I shall not so rebuke;
A baseball cap can hold the average puke,
But my care for thee overflows the sea.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 03:15:52 am »

Looks like someone just beat the Internet, there.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 08:07:31 pm »

...not that Amy Sedaris isn't kinda hot in a "okay, she's a little too old for me but..." way.

Actually, she is hot in an unmodified "hot" way.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 08:25:22 pm »

I dunno.

She's old enough to have conceived me after graduating high school.

I am a huge fan of slightly-older-ladies but I gotta give her hotness a caveat.

As always, your mileage may vary.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 11:09:19 pm »

I dunno.

She's old enough to have conceived me after graduating high school.

I am a huge fan of slightly-older-ladies but I gotta give her hotness a caveat.

As always, your mileage may vary.

I told you goddamn kids to stay the hell off my lawn. If I didn't have the rheumatiz, I'd get out of this chair and whip your sorry butt.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up