Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.  (Read 3429 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 04:35:02 am »

But see, the thing is, I don't really respond to sarcasm well, ever. I'm a very blunt person not given to misrepresentation, and so I don't like to assume it in others. I've learned to detect its possible presence well enough, but not well enough to get a definitive positive.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:19 am »

Ok let's break it down:

Goldman is a plagiarist = Not sarcasm

We are unable to see the plagiarism = Sarcasm

Panty shot + phillipe gay porn simile = Hella cans
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 07:31:07 am »

so... I want to say unfortunate things about the fact that you said you don't understand insincerity/sarcasm, and you posted a picture of panties on the internet when told to "show us your panties".
I am not going to elaborate.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 01:30:44 pm »

Not being able to detect sarcasm is a serious disability in a place like this. It's like you're internet-autistic or something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Plagiarists are stupid, throw rocks at them.
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 04:15:59 pm »

so... I want to say unfortunate things about the fact that you said you don't understand insincerity/sarcasm, and you posted a picture of panties on the internet when told to "show us your panties".
I am not going to elaborate.

Hey man, I just want to get my point across and assume good faith. It's not like I don't have a sense of humor. I figure, some people might genuinely not see it. And I want to prove my point if they do, because I'm a know-it-all.

Quote
Not being able to detect sarcasm is a serious disability in a place like this. It's like you're internet-autistic or something.

I can detect sarcasm, I just don't assume it is sarcasm. That's why I asked.

And I proffer "Internet savant."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up