Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Cover Ever  (Read 3402 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Cover Ever
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 03:30:53 am »

Ugh.  I can't listen to "The Man Comes Around".   I was so excited when I got that album into the car, and popped it into the CD player.   One go, and I just couldn't listen any more.

The whole album just sounds like a memento mori.  I love it, it's beautiful, it's soul crushing.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Cover Ever
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 05:31:42 am »

Agreed.  But JC's version isn't bad.

Yeah, its okay, but it was already amazing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Worst Cover Ever
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 06:07:27 am »

I've made techno covers of Master of Puppets, Mingus' Pithecanthropus Erectus, and the Bubble Bobble theme.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Worst Cover Ever
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 06:11:55 am »

Sheryl Crow's cover of "Sweet Child O'Mine" and the Wallflowers' cover of "heroes" come to mind.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Worst Cover Ever
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 08:51:45 am »

For anyone familiar with Minor Threat, I give you: Minor Twang

Though their rendition of I don't wanna hear it is basically like an integer overflow of negative badness that suddenly, somehow, becomes good.  I found myself singing along.
Logged
~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up