Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writers block...  (Read 1430 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Writers block...
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:05:57 pm »

This is not the time for this to be happening.  Shiiiiiit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Writers block...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:09:47 pm »

Care to elaborate?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Writers block...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:15:36 pm »

Find something you put aside a while back (never finished) and get a couple more points down.  Sometimes that helps me get the juices flowing.  Also, having a pathological problem with finishing things I've started, I never lack for material.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Writers block...
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:05:38 am »

I have three different writing projects due in the next three weeks, and my brain just went poof.  I think it's too much stress, but I'm so uninspired.  Sucks.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Writers block...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:32 am »

As your attorney I advise you to drink a bottle of mezcal and proceed immediately to an ounce of dope.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Writers block...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:05:50 am »

I don't think that would fix my writer's block.  It might make me not care about my writers block though... hmmm.

Actually, I had a pretty good jag today and finished a first draft of the play due soonest.  So now... two more... No, actually I decided two more in 15 days is impossible, especially with these being the busiest days at my other theater job, so I've mushed the two remaining projects together, and now only have to have a partial draft and a funding application about it done by the end of this month, and a rough draft over the next two months, which is a lot less scary.  I'm feeling stress since my first script is about to hit the big time - there's a lot of pressure to make the next project be just as good to sustain the attention to my work, yet what makes something "good" is illusive...  Thankfully the artistic director I'm working with is sane, reasonable and generally brilliant.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up