Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Shut Up  (Read 5740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 10:06:40 pm »

You were stoned and you missed it.

Have you heard that Shel Silverstein song?

And yeah, I don't really go to myspace either (unless, ironically, I want to check out a local band), but I was just using that as an example, you know.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 10:08:44 pm »

Well it's on the Mix Disc you made last year, so  yeah. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 10:12:37 pm »

Oh, right on.  It is only good to me because I grew up with my mom reading his books to me for hours a day, maybe.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 11:07:17 pm »

The mortgage ads with the dancing silhouettes kinda piss me off. They've been #1 on my personal internet shit list for a while now.
Logged

Clotho

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
  • Long-ish
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 08:29:12 am »

I use the firefox plugin NoScript. It's great. Coupled with adblock, you erase 95% of all annoying internet flashies.
Logged
You remind me of the babe.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 10:33:14 am »

I like adblock and noscript too but I'm standing by Wombat's not-touching-it-with-a-ten-foot-pole technique.

I suspect that is the first step that leads to my dad not being able to work out dvd menus.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 10:25:44 pm »

Oh, right on.  It is only good to me because I grew up with my mom reading his books to me for hours a day, maybe.

In case you didn't know, now that you're older, you can check out the Shel Silverstein stuff for grown-ups.  My boss was trying to convince me that he could adapt Hamlet as Told on the Street for some of the kids at our theatre school.  Needless to say, after I found him the full lyrics he realized it wasn't happening.  Silverstein is a genius.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:29:35 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 05:57:52 am »

Yeah, I just got like 3 of his albums today and I checked wikipedia for some of his adult books as I knew he did playboy and such.  Now that summer is here and classes are gone I will definitely be checking out some of his stuff.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up