Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 13, 2007 - The government even gets a cut when I LOVE somebody!?  (Read 3198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 13, 2007 - The government even gets a cut when I LOVE somebody!?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 04:06:32 pm »

That is pretty damn crazy. I thought VA was bad for demanding back taxes on items purchased online or in states that don't charge sales tax. Seriously, they're all "hey, you owe us 5.5 cents for that Pepsi you bought in Breezewood by the PA turnpike. Oh, and like $200 for all the shit you bought on Amazon"

Do they have border stations where uniformed Staties go through your stuff, demanding reciepts for anything that looks new?  We had those in CA for intercepting contraband oranges or passion fruit from Nebraska, but the only action that I ever saw there was the brown-shirted goons windmilling their left arm as cars crept by at 5mph.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: June 13, 2007 - The government even gets a cut when I LOVE somebody!?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 05:17:12 pm »

We had those in CA for intercepting contraband oranges
Contraband oranges?
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 13, 2007 - The government even gets a cut when I LOVE somebody!?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 09:06:24 pm »

I kid thee not



Interstate 80 W Ag Checkpoint, Truckee, CA



This is a cause of consternation among those who engage in ferret-running.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:17:01 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: June 13, 2007 - The government even gets a cut when I LOVE somebody!?
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 01:10:31 am »

Well, this also applies to gay couples, not that anyone would mistake my SO for a lady.

I meant something along the lines of "Oh we're just a lesbian and gay dude who happen to live together because we both like... rainbows.  Or unicorns.  Or whatever homosexuals are meant to like, ha ha, we're certainly not a couple don't tax us extra."
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up