Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 June 2007 - I damn hope marriage ain't gonna change my dogg.  (Read 2818 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 21 June 2007 - I damn hope marriage ain't gonna change my dogg.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 10:52:01 pm »

I for one, appreciate an intact skull.  Eviscerations, amputations, meh - whatever.  Avulsed brain tissue = "HHHH-U-URRGGHHHHH"

can for mention of avulsion. It's part of the handy mnemonic DCAP-BTLS!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 21 June 2007 - I damn hope marriage ain't gonna change my dogg.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 08:20:35 pm »

I suppose now would be a bad time to mention Mintiest Brain Ever.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 21 June 2007 - I damn hope marriage ain't gonna change my dogg.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 08:37:28 pm »

I suppose now would be a bad time to mention Mintiest Brain Ever.

V? Can you please put that in context? I tried Googling it and didn't get the reference.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 21 June 2007 - I damn hope marriage ain't gonna change my dogg.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 08:43:18 pm »

V? Can you please put that in context? I tried Googling it and didn't get the reference.

The context probably isn't Googleable, really. Long story short: when I was doing Neuroanatomy at OSU, one of the brains in the lab had been preserved with something menthol-like, so it smelled very much like mint -- wintergreen, perversely enough. The lab would be filled with the usual alcohol-formalin smell, and there would be this preserved human brain which smelled like a Life-Saver dunked in rubbing alcohol. It was eerie.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up